Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part of the Nacelle Cartel (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 11:34 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lookinn good bro

Old 03-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ramirez0228
Malingerer,

Your ride looks clean! I keep going back and forward with getting the Nacelle only because I got a prettly clean riser that I know I will have to get rid of and replace it with the 1.25 riser. After seing your ride with the Nacelle I know I have to get it! Do you have any recommendations on where I can pick one up for a good deal and was it difficult to install?

Thanks,

Raul
Man Raul I should be asking you for advice with the way your ride looks .That is a SICK scoot.I just used the harley nacelle pt #67907-96c 399.95.Ive read the after market ones have poor fitment.My Harley parts guys are cool they give me 15 % off plus I had a coupon they sent out during Christmas time for 35.00 off a purchase 60.00 or more.So that took the sting out of it a little. The risers I used were Harley part #56789-05 119.95.They are a riser made for the full 1.25 Harley Beach Bars.I think there are a couple different part #s so make sure you get the right ones for your bike.They are a far cry from the risers I had but they worked with the Nacelle with no modifications at all.They are just like plain looking metal.One nice surprise though with them is they have set screws to hold the bars in place.The Carlinis I have are not knurled.Install seems to vary.I wouldn't say its hard. Some people have to cut down the knubs on the spot lamp bar.Mine did not seem to need this.Pics are the risers I used. Where the arrows say set screws is where they are located.Didnt think they would show up in the pics good. Cant miss them now lol.That whole part gets covered up with the riser cover though.Because of the larger Diameter bars some people have to trim the riser cover as well.I did not need to do that ether.

Attached Thumbnails Part of the Nacelle Cartel (Pics)-dsc01848.jpg   Part of the Nacelle Cartel (Pics)-dsc01851.jpg  
Old 03-31-2011, 06:42 AM
furtrader
Cruiser

I've got a ? for you guys with these already on and mounted, not high jack your thread.

I have been monkeying with putting on the nacelle and its been a total biotch for me. I can't get it to fit up right without lots of play and movement. Did you all order the extra install kit from HD to install on your deluxes?

I just have the HD nacelle kit, and Besides breaking off a screw in the upper bracket of the triple clamp/tree. I can't get the damn Nacelle to seat correctly. I have the 1.5 carlini bars and a one piece carlini bra type riser, which does not get in the way or need to be trimmed like most of the other carlini risers mentioned.
Did you guys have tapped holes in the top of your triple tree bracket, where the holes are in the top of the nacelle?
I had planned on just leaving the riser cover off, but I can't even get it to that point. I can get it mounted up (I did grind down the spacers on my light bar) but there is a major gap down the top center seam where the two halves of the nacelle meet. This becomes slightly corrected and pulled out when I install the rest of the headlamp assembly, but it still seems to have enough play to rock back and fourth?

Anyone else have similar issue? I have read every post I can find in regards to installing these dang things and haven't found anyone else who encountered this issue?

Old 03-31-2011, 07:06 AM
Santo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damm Mal,,, your bike looks awesome...nothing like a nacelle on a deluxe, it really makes a statement. Your question on the space you have under the touring trim ring, mine has that also but I think it's because the touring ring fits over the stock nacelle ring. Im probly not much help but just thought id chime in. Looks great tho...

Old 03-31-2011, 07:47 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is a way to get rid of that gap. do a search in the touring forum. I had one on my RK and got the gap to pretty much be gone. It is all about getting the stock trim ring just right. It needs to be a little loose but not too much. A lot of trial and error on mine. Some guys have put weather stripping on the inside of the new trim ring and removed the stocker all together. Like I said, check it out over there....

Old 04-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Santo
Damm Mal,,, your bike looks awesome...nothing like a nacelle on a deluxe, it really makes a statement. Your question on the space you have under the touring trim ring, mine has that also but I think it's because the touring ring fits over the stock nacelle ring. Im probly not much help but just thought id chime in. Looks great tho...
Thanks Santo, your advice is always helpful and much appreciated.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by brettnbama
there is a way to get rid of that gap. do a search in the touring forum. I had one on my RK and got the gap to pretty much be gone. It is all about getting the stock trim ring just right. It needs to be a little loose but not too much. A lot of trial and error on mine. Some guys have put weather stripping on the inside of the new trim ring and removed the stocker all together. Like I said, check it out over there....
Thanks.I should have thought of this.Not in the Touring section much.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:05 AM
LFTD1
Cruiser

Looks sick bro....Ive heard the same as well when it comes to getting the trim ring to fit, its like a fine art! Cant wait to mount mine up!

Old 04-01-2011, 10:02 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn! the bike is looking sweet brother, two thumbs up.

Mimo.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:48 PM
DrawDown
Road Master

Man bro, that really sets off the bike. Looks great. Sux you had to ditch those sick risers through.

Quick Reply: Part of the Nacelle Cartel (Pics)