Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 softail deluxe-21"X3" spoke front tire...or no? what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 11:31 AM
ssrgeoff
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if anything... grab the front now so you have the look your after and then you can follow up with the rear later if you want to seperate the hit on the wallet. I agree with the others, you will want the rear once you have the front on.

Just noticed this was an old thread... disregard and if you got your wheel post it up!

Last edited by ssrgeoff; 08-23-2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Old Topic
Old 08-23-2011, 01:52 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Ride Wright

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
That is strange. Sam has always taken care of me proper. PM me your buddies number and I'll see if I can help sort it out.

Drew
Sam gave me a hard time also for the crap his crew sent me they created the problems and he was not happy with my post my poll proved him wrong over 82% would have rejected the tire i was sent 10% might have taken it at a blem price and a few said it did not matter buy they did not lay out $250.00 The wheel was ok its yet to hit the road but all and all they do not get a recommendation from me for customer service

Old 08-23-2011, 01:56 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nikon, have you had your dough back for the tyre yet?
Originally Posted by nikonf8
Sam gave me a hard time also for the crap his crew sent me they created the problems and he was not happy with my post my poll proved him wrong over 82% would have rejected the tire i was sent 10% might have taken it at a blem price and a few said it did not matter buy they did not lay out $250.00 The wheel was ok its yet to hit the road but all and all they do not get a recommendation from me for customer service

Old 08-23-2011, 04:24 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by nikonf8
I heard through the grapevine that he fired two people last week so it seems some action has been taken. It sounds liek growing pains to me at RW. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion based on their own personal experience.

Drew

Old 08-24-2011, 07:43 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I heard through the grapevine that he fired two people last week so it seems some action has been taken. It sounds liek growing pains to me at RW. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion based on their own personal experience.

Drew
as a consumer things are different than that of a dealer. If you want to sell his products your not going to bad mouth them.You sell his wheels and make a profit off them. I make nothing and will tell it as it is always i will never lie about any thing all i do is tell it as it is and was for me.I cannot say any thing good about ride wright because my experience was nothing but a bummer and to top it off i have to be insulted. I have a good eye i get paid to see things i know what i am looking at and i know crap when i see it. thing is any one who reads these posts is only interested in the out come like how was it handled. it seems to me we are dealing with two different people makes no difference if i make a post on the forum saying what happen to me bottom line is they want to know the end results. i was treated badly because i posted here on the forum i call you take care of it make it right and every one reads that in the end and what can you say except that it was taken care off. i cant say that i was treated bad because of my post which was absolutely the truth. thing is i am an upset customer my emotions are running wild things are all screwed up; every thing is delayed i have a right to be upset when a professional company lets something simple get by them ,i should not have been given any crap at all they should have said what do you want to do get it done and we are done end of story

Old 08-24-2011, 09:16 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

It is interesting you make this point as Ride Wright will make a lot more money selling direct to a customer than to a dealer. I am not sure your logic makes much sense as far as that is concerned. It is unfortunate that you had a "bad" experience.

Perception is such and we can handle each and every situation in our lives as we see fit.

I am not in this thread to defend or belittle anyone, just trying to get the facts straight. In the mc industry with custom parts there are problems quite often and we (the good ones at least) do what we can to resolve them.

I learned a long time ago that you catch a lot more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. Venting your frustration is one of the reasons the forums are here. What I am trying to discern now is if you got what you wanted or not?

Drew

Old 03-22-2012, 01:04 PM
bct244
Novice

below is a pic of my new chrome lower/ upper fork sliders as well it is lowered 2" in the front and 1.5" in the rear. i have just ordered a DNA 80 spoke 21X3.5 rim which will arrive tomorrow and i have ordered a Metzler 120/70/21 WW tire, to go with those i got a new SS polished front disc brake...hopefully it all looks good but will post the pics once i get it all on!!!

Old 03-22-2012, 01:24 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

We all be diff and IMO I love the look of the fat 50's better than the 80's,, just me.

Plus a lot less to clean around..

As far as where and who.. all the one above have a lot more info than I do..

Old 04-03-2012, 08:11 AM
bct244
Novice

All done...

Attached Thumbnails 2005 softail deluxe-21"X3" spoke front tire...or no? what do you think?-new-new-bike-rear-left.jpg   2005 softail deluxe-21"X3" spoke front tire...or no? what do you think?-new-new-bike-left-side.jpg   2005 softail deluxe-21"X3" spoke front tire...or no? what do you think?-new-new-bike-pic.jpg   2005 softail deluxe-21"X3" spoke front tire...or no? what do you think?-new-new-bike-right-side.jpg  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:00 AM
nickel.wound
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks bitchin. Who did you order from?

Quick Reply: 2005 softail deluxe-21"X3" spoke front tire...or no? what do you think?