Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extra large Bike Cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011 | 08:47 PM
CountryD
|
Road Warrior
Default Extra large Bike Cover

Need alittle bit of help with this. Im having to relocate for my new job. So Im having to either get a Apartment, or another house. I only have 2 weeks to find something. So options are limited. Since I wont be having a garage I need to get a extra large bike cover, big enough to cover my apes and long tails.

Do you guys have any idea's? I need it to be BIG, I want it to come all the way down to the tires. I may even pull it into the spare bedroom. LOL.

Need help with this fellas, maybe websites, or companies to check out.

Old 03-24-2011 | 08:56 PM
Deadwood Dick
Cruiser

I have a nice heavy-duty cover made by http://www.dowco-inc.com/

Check which size you need, then buy it from revzilla.com

Old 03-24-2011 | 09:01 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member

what about something like this

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/911-065

Old 03-24-2011 | 09:24 PM
rastajacob
Road Captain

I'm in the same boat Country, I too now live in an apartment after having my own garage. My bike is now at the Parental units, but I want to bring it over to my place for the summer. It sux having seperation anxiety from your bike plus having to go out 8 miles just to do anything to it. I will be checking out this thread for cover options as well...

Old 03-24-2011 | 09:30 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Gary, Exigent Bike Covers they make one to fit bikes with apes.I have the indoor dust cover.But they make a heavy duty rain cover as well.It covers everything down to the tires.The only thing it doesn't cover are my cholos.But it may go over the 33 's you got.Made in the Good ole USA as well.

Old 03-24-2011 | 09:58 PM
CountryD
|
Road Warrior

Rasta, it sucks, the condo Im lookin at is pretty slick, and big. Big livingroom with enough room to park inside. May just have to put some rubber down, gonna rent a storage unit for now to park it in. I hate losing my garage, but I gotta do it.

Tom, I checked out that site, and they have some good covers. Look well made also. And they make one just for 18 incher Apes. AWESOME
Still gonna park it inside, with a cover. The condo has a sliding Glass door, so gettin it in and out will be no problem. As usual, people on here are Awesome. Thanks for the help fellas. Anymore help is always appreciated.

Last edited by CountryD; 03-24-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-24-2011 | 10:20 PM
rastajacob
Road Captain

Country, you are lucky to have the option of bringing it inside. I live on the second floor in a big house type deal and that is a no go for me. I have already told the girlfriend (as we are looking for a house due to being sick of living in the apartment) that if we find a house without a garage and it is street level, the bike is coming into the house...She bummed on that pretty hard (lol), but I will have my way Dammit !!! LMAO !!!

Old 03-24-2011 | 10:35 PM
CountryD
|
Road Warrior

Hell yeah, way to put up a fight bro. Dont bend to much. Just tell her, the house is hers, but the bike is coming in. lol. Thats a pretty fair deal. If you have to get a cover, check out the ones malingerer listed, look damn good and they are not expensive. They make dust covers and rain covers. Im not leaving mine outside, EVER!!!. lol I think Im gonna order one tomorrow. Then I can just pull it inside the door, and its out of the way.

Old 03-24-2011 | 10:43 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Get teh biggest cover you can find. I have a XXXL Dowco for my bike (I have always lived in an apartment) Be aware the longtails are known to cut holes in the cover if you are not careful. My cover is very thick and still has some holes from when I had fishtails. I need a new cover but have not ordered yet as I want to make sure I get the biggest cover I can possibly find. I also really like the thick cordura covers as opposed to the cheap nylon ones like my wife has.

My cover is supposedly heat proof at the bottom where the pipes touch it but i do not trust and always let the bike cool prior to covering. If you have ever had a cover melt on an exhaust you will knwo the pain which I am referring to.

Drew

Old 03-24-2011 | 10:49 PM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master

I live in a condo,this is the reason i don't have apes