Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Rocker Seat Issue...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Punk_Rocker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Rocker Seat Issue...

So, going into the 4th season on my FXCWC and I've been resisting buying a new seat, for a couple of reasons. 1st was money, just making payments and getting it to run the way I wanted was the expensive begining, 2nd there were few choices.

It's Danny Gray, Bitchin Seats, or Heartland

Danny Gray seems like the best value, but there is something abouth the profile that I'm not in love with. The way it looks think in back and just sits on top of the frame or something, like its just stuck on. IDK

The Bitchin Seat looks cool, but is way expensive, I really like what they are doing over there but the cost is prohibitive. (at least for me right now) I think there King/Queen set up looks awesome. Still not sure how that accordian setup will look after a few years either.

Heartland makes a spring seat set up, the Rock-n-Bobber, I think. That seat looks to skinny for the big 240 frame. So its out.

RSD has a spring setup too but its at least as much as the Heartland one and I would have to cover, or have the seqat built putting it up there in the Bitchin Seats price range.

I think my Rocker would look great with something low profile or a spring saddle, but then I guess I thinking custom which gets pricey again.

I have only seen a couple of Rockers with spring saddles on here, anybody like to post pics of there spring seats on their Rocker and give me some ideas on how it is on comfort and so on...

Thanks,
punk_rocker

Old 03-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I slam mine with the DG, there is no gap and looks similar to me to a solo on a conventional softail.

I think the key to a spring seat, is how they cover the battery for a finished look. Your sitting position would remain close to the stocker I'd think. Meaning sitting on the bike vs. "sitting in the bike".

If we lived close enough, I'd let you use my seat to check it out.
I think it was the best mod I've done comfort wise. Bars a close second.
Getting the DG for $300 on ebay didn't hurt either.

P.S. My sig picture doesn't show it slammed.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 PM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I would recomend that you buy an air ride suspension to improve the ride and close the gap, and keep the standard seat if you are comfortable on it.
I found the Rocker C seat to be very uncomfotable after about 45 minutes. I installed Shotgun Shock and I am amazed at the improvement to the ride it is worth way more than it costs.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:43 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 08rock
I would recomend that you buy an air ride suspension to improve the ride and close the gap, and keep the standard seat if you are comfortable on it.
I found the Rocker C seat to be very uncomfotable after about 45 minutes. I installed Shotgun Shock and I am amazed at the improvement to the ride it is worth way more than it costs.
+1 on the air ride!

Old 03-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey you can make your own seat pan then take it to a good seat maker for foam/padding and wrapping... I done two seats and had my heartland seat reshaped to give it a deeper look..

Old 03-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Punk_Rocker
Cruiser

thanks for the input i will definately look into the air ride

Kowan i like your bars alot, Thor could ride that bike with pride!

The $300.00 price tage on a seat with a custom flame stich cover is very tempting, and one of my problems is the stock seat pushes me to far forward. I can feel myself moving all the way to the lip and i already went through one of those plastic back plates, so the ergonomics of the DG are selling me, I think.

Maybe something like this

I think, I will make my own seat pan and cover it myself, having gained some metal and leather working skills over the years. Even more skilled are my powers of procrastination though...

...still there is something cool about them sprung saddles....but my bike is already more of a pro-street than a bobber style...not that i'd let that stop me

The rocker is so cool it could be awesome in many configurations....

Old 03-24-2011, 02:17 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That design and inlay you picked would look great with your paint job.
I had emailed Sherry @ DG about blue leather for mine, but she said they had no shades of blue that would compliment the paint job.

That saved me $400 by not ordering direct from DG. I started searching and HDForums came up with guys getting great deals on ebay for DG with the gel insert.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:20 AM
Reb DEATH
Cruiser

Got my DG on Ebay for $350 with an Iron Cross stitch and foam. The dude will do free shipping if you do the transaction through PAYPAL. PM me for his name...not sure if I can post it here.

I just knew I hated riding high on the stock seat. The DG does the trick for me, but I forgot to put the clear sticker on the fender so I got a few scuffs the first day. Got it on now though.

A big part of me likes the low profile spring pan look you are thinking about. I think your bike would be amazing in a camel color brown spring seat to match your flames on the tank. JMO.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:33 AM
Rocker_UAE
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 08rock
I disagree

A few thousand $$ on an air system and keep the standard seat that looks like crap or a few hundred bucks for a DG seat off of ebay which practically eliminates the gap.

If i had to choose one mod for my rocker it would have been the DG seat. The best mod by far and I do hundreds of miles on it without a prob.

The guy already mentioned he didnt wana spend too much on it.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

check out rubiconMike's rocker

its the business...

Quick Reply: The Rocker Seat Issue...