Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Quiet Baffle Install - Easy Peasy

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 06:07 PM
rockchalk08
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Quiet Baffle Install - Easy Peasy

From reading some old posts on here, I was concerned removing my stock V&H baffles was going to be a PIA. Well, with the tips I got here, it took about 20 minutes to pull old/install new (quiet baffle).

After removing the heat shield, I sprayed the baffles with WD40. Then I used a 10 inch by 3/8 bolt with a 1.5 inch washer (loosely held by two nuts) to pull the stock baffles out. Damn I'm glad that was easy!

The Quiet Baffles sound great, a bit deeper, and maybe a skosh quieter. Now I actually have some extra time to install the Softbrake tag relo kit.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:31 PM
big6x6
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it's not that bad! Hardest thing for me is getting the original baffle OUT! Quiet baffle has a really nice sound and always gave me a little more low end too... Rush baffles are easier to remove install....

Old 03-20-2011, 07:51 AM
opencaliber
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Changing to the quite baffles was very easy for me too, after reading all the suggestions on the forum I think I even had it easier. I have Pythons BSS and the bolt that hold the baffles in is on the back side of the shields so I didn't have to mess with anything. After pre soaking the old baffles with WD 40 I stuck a hammer handle in and when I felt the baffle twist they pulled right out. I did have a problem on how to keep the white wrapping in place will trying to install the QB. No instructions - so I called V & H and the guy said to wrap the material with clear packing tape. The tape worked well and it did smoke some, but all is good now. I do like the QB with the deeper tone.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:18 AM
C O L E M A N F U
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not as easy a job for me but that was my fault. 1 out of 3 gave me a hard time. I just cut a slot in it and used a standard to remove. Not a huge deal but did add a bit more time and I was kind of hard on myself - should have taken my time when I felt it start to slip - I could have wedged a torx bit in there before it got too bad.

The V&H guys had a big set up here for Bike Week. I told em about adding the baffles and I liked the sound better - he said all the demos bikes they had quiet baffles. They had some sweet stuff up there - sorry not pic (other than the baq bolt).

Last edited by C O L E M A N F U; 03-20-2011 at 09:21 AM.