Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me: Fuelpak VS. PC-V

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Murderface
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help me: Fuelpak VS. PC-V

Seriously trying to find out some more info here. Iv searched around the threads a lot of it seems to just be opinions.

Can anyone provide me with some serious data on the two tuners? I actually just bought a fuelpak, but not im not so sure. Im not planning to ever do more than stage 1, but i want to best thing for my bike overall. Which is gonna perform better with less headache during install and all that?

Help please?!

Old 03-19-2011, 01:06 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a fuelpak and im about to sell it to get a PCV based on a mechanic's opinion that my bike runs like ****

im on the same boat as you, theres a million opinions regarding this.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the biggest difference is that Fuelpak is designed to work with V&H products, where the PC can be configured and reconfigured over and over again..so if you were to change your exhaust to a samson or something you'd still be set up for a quick reprogramming. In all they do the same thing.. keep your air/fuel mixture not too lean and not too rich. I've never used a FuelPak so I don't know the numbers or anything.. but just reading from X-amount of different forums/opinions/details/blah it seems like more people choose the power commander. sorry this isn't much more help.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,608 Likes on 2,727 Posts

The biggest reason to get the PCV vs the fuel pak is that the fuel pak cannot tune the closed loop area, which is where you likely cruise the most.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Murderface
Tourer

Originally Posted by Keithhu
The biggest reason to get the PCV vs the fuel pak is that the fuel pak cannot tune the closed loop area, which is where you likely cruise the most.

ok i have never heard this before. what is the "closed loop area" and how does this effect the bike?

Old 03-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,608 Likes on 2,727 Posts

I'm not the expert by any means, but the closed loop area is an RPM range where the ecm adjusts automatically to keep to a particular Air/Fuel ratio, usually 14.7 (very lean).

Contact Jamie at Fuelmoto for more information, he's the god.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:19 PM
seph10
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats funny,,my fuel pak has no trouble with "closed loop"....if you have trouble,,call V&H and they will tell you what to do,,,,if you already have the fuel pak,,,use it,,,they work just fine for stage one,,,,,

Old 03-19-2011, 05:42 PM
heatstroke
Advanced

stage 1,fuelpak works just fine for me.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Murderface
Tourer

good to know. i got it because of cost and simplicity of installation, but when i hear people constantly talking about switching to PCV i get worried.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Roadrunner451
Intermediate

No expert here either, but i have a stage one with a fuelpak and it works just fine. Very simple to install, hardest part was finding room for it under the seat of my Lo.

If you go to the V&H website you'll see they have "maps" for a bunch of different exhaust, not just V&H. As far as the closed loop thing goes I'm pretty sure it does operate in that mode, if anything the PC doesn't work closed loop because you eliminate the O2 sensors. But like i said before, I'm no expert. If you already have the fuelpak just use it. If you have any problems call V&H don't email they are pretty helpfull.

Quick Reply: Help me: Fuelpak VS. PC-V