Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I be mad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011 | 01:13 PM
NoRegerts
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Default Should I be mad?

I am, but I'm wondering if maybe I'm just being impatient. But the truth is I feel like I'm getting jerked around.

I ordered my Cross Bones 2 weeks ago. I have the loan, I have the insurance, I have the payment, but not the bike.

Last Tuesday they said it would be in by Wed, which was yesterday. A driver was supposedly sent to pick it up from another dealer. Then I was told today it would be here and this morning I got a call saying that it was now being sent commercially and would not arrive until next Wed now.

I traded in my Triumph 2 weeks ago so I've had nothing to ride and it's driving me mad. I'll end up having a first payment before I take my first ride!

Old 03-17-2011 | 01:19 PM
ConnMan
Road Master

They have your trade. The financing is already in place and the loan terms are agreed upon. [Did you already sign loan papers?]

They have *zero* reason to expedite the arrival of your bike.'

Yes, you should be mad, but only at yourself...

Old 03-17-2011 | 01:25 PM
bbeavers76
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ConnMan
They have your trade. The financing is already in place and the loan terms are agreed upon. [Did you already sign loan papers?]

They have *zero* reason to expedite the arrival of your bike.'

Yes, you should be mad, but only at yourself...
Screw that bro! Zero reason my @SS! You have a deal and a scheduled deliver at that. (That has been missed twice now) Hell just a gentlemans agreement without the paper work would be enough for me to start barking. I would be furious! Don't think for a minute that they cant get a bike from any dealer asap. That is terrible customer service. I would be demanding some answers and results. F'ing dealers man!

Old 03-17-2011 | 01:38 PM
NoRegerts
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Yes the loan papers are signed and I was scheduled a delivery. Now they are sitting on the bike... But I have yet to pay the down payment agreed upon, so they DO have a reason to expedite the delivery.

Old 03-17-2011 | 01:41 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member

I agree a little with both above. You should not have given up your bike until you were riding out on another. Yes, I'd be pissed at the dealer and start giving them hell! Anywhere on the paperwork state a delivery time/date? I'd at least be demanding some parts/service out of them........ Good luck!

Old 03-17-2011 | 01:43 PM
oct1949
Club Member

Why the change in delivery?
I'd talk with the GM and see what He'll do to make it up.. surely something.

Old 03-17-2011 | 01:48 PM
mswmn
Road Master

I would give the manager a call. Time to jack them up...

Old 03-17-2011 | 01:53 PM
ConnMan
Road Master

Originally Posted by RIPbiker13
Yes the loan papers are signed and I was scheduled a delivery. Now they are sitting on the bike... But I have yet to pay the down payment agreed upon, so they DO have a reason to expedite the delivery.
As long as it goes this month, I promise you, the sales manager doesn't care when. If they can save a few bucks by delaying the arrival of your new bike by a week, they'll do it. The deal is already done, for all intents and purposes...

Old 03-17-2011 | 01:56 PM
NoRegerts
|
Seasoned HDF Member

The dealer out here is notorious for screwing people over. I don't feel that's the case but darn close! I gave the bike instead of the down payment because it was easier that way. My wife and I had both agreed to that.

I have been bugging them. Here's the story I got. The bike is getting shipped out by a freight truck and the guy that was SUPPOSED to get it, got detoured.

The only reason I even did bussiness with this dealer is because they were they ONLY dealer within 1000mi that could get me the bike I wanted.

All things considered, I got the color option and the security package for no charge. And they wouldn't even THINK of charging me for shipping, so that was free too. I guess I got what I paid for...

Old 03-17-2011 | 01:56 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Setup meeting w/Sales Mgr at the dealership & discuss. Hope you walk away w/answers & maybe some extras too...good luck!

Quick Reply: Should I be mad?