Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I be mad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011 | 04:50 PM
NoRegerts
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
My buddy just got a CVO RG Ultra. It was supposed to be in a week and a half earlier than it showed up. He had signed the papers about 10 days before the bike arrived. But he had also negotiated a killer deal on teh bike so he jsut waited patiently. It is a fact that trucks that transport the bikes can get caught ifn bad weather and run falte. My gueses is it is not the deaelrs fault, but I am sure you can work it to your favor. Remember, you catch way more flies with honey than with vinegar. Working in a sales capacity myself, I have the opportunity to deal with numerous people all of whom deal with situations in different ways.

Anyone who loses their cool and yells at me still gets treated well, but being nice is much easier as I would much rather deal with a person with a calm demeanor. It is all about how you approach the situation adn having a serious attitude never goes over well. There is something to be said for having good social skills.

Drew
I have been relaying this info to my wife who is currently at work. She agrees that I should be patient, to some extent. All things considered I have received $800 in product I did not pay for. And she also pointed out I did not select a bike that was readily available but a bike that was being discontinued and already hard to keep stocked. And on top of everything else, they were the only dealer to get what I wanted. It sucks, no doubt, but my wife keeps my head straight.

Personally, I want to be on the road...

Old 03-17-2011 | 07:50 PM
cpiad
Account Closed

Originally Posted by RIPbiker13
I am, but I'm wondering if maybe I'm just being impatient. But the truth is I feel like I'm getting jerked around.

I ordered my Cross Bones 2 weeks ago. I have the loan, I have the insurance, I have the payment, but not the bike.

Last Tuesday they said it would be in by Wed, which was yesterday. A driver was supposedly sent to pick it up from another dealer. Then I was told today it would be here and this morning I got a call saying that it was now being sent commercially and would not arrive until next Wed now.

I traded in my Triumph 2 weeks ago so I've had nothing to ride and it's driving me mad. I'll end up having a first payment before I take my first ride!
Par for the course for many HD stealerships....roll a few fatties...enjoy the anticipation...the bike will show....we are in the age of shtt, morons and ineptitude....and if you fight against the machine....it will roll over you.

Old 03-17-2011 | 08:17 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain

I know it is tough to wait, but think about this. The day will come when the bike is delievered. Do you want to be the guy the dealership hates when you walk in the door or the guy that was really great during a bad situation?

I'm not suggesting you just bend over and take it, but perhaps this really isn't their fault. I must be the only Harley rider on the planet that actually looks forward to working with the dealer I got my bike from. You ask most everyone else on this forum and they will be glad to tell you that the devil runs their dealership.

Old 03-17-2011 | 09:11 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

If it makes you feel any better, I put a deposit on my 08 Rocker C July of 07. I took delivery May 08. 10 plus months waiting for for my bike.
As soon as the HD site posted a picture of the blue Rocker C, I knew I wanted one. HD claimed they would be on show room floors fall of 07. They lied.

Old 03-17-2011 | 09:28 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member

I picked up my bike the day I paid for it. Two weeks later I get a call from the dealership asking me to stop by after I got off work. So I swing in and the sales manager is really nice and asking how I like the bike etc...

Well long story short HD Corporate had come in to do an inventory and asked where such and such Night Train was. Dealer said it was on the show room floor they said no that is S___'s bike that he purchased two weeks ago (See where this is going) Yep I had ridden out on the wrong Night Train. All the paper work was wrong with the wrong vin # on them including my insurance forms. Got the saddlebags in my sig pic and some other discounts out of that deal.

Be patient it could be worse. It could be the middle of summer. Good luck on the new bike.

Old 03-17-2011 | 09:36 PM
NoRegerts
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

A lot of stories here. Kinda sad...

Over all I'm happy and I love the bike I bought, but I REALLY want it. The weather is in the 80's and I have 55mi rides to work to look forward to.

Old 03-17-2011 | 09:55 PM
Rakthi
Road Warrior

Bought my bike in dealership in Kuala Lumpur from the showroom. Paid in full, they would ship the bike to where I live the week after. (Needed to be done that way for tax purpose). 2 days before they want to ship, recall from HD for the Xbones and not allowed to deliver the bike ... being in Malaysia, about 3 weeks before the stupid nut and bolt arrive, upon replacing the nut they found a bad weld on the springer fork and decided to replace the fork ... another 4 weeks delay ... finally got the bike about 10 weeks after paying for it.

Just stay calm and sit it out, when the bike arrives you will be that much happier. If you had paid for the delivery you would really have a leg to stand on, but free delivery ... and as someone said, it might not be their fault at all ... things get screwed up all the time.

Old 03-17-2011 | 10:04 PM
TheNameIs"B"
Tourer

Just chill out. You are just like a kid at Christmas. You chose to order a bike vs just taking one they had. I promise there will be more payments that you hate to make. Buy used next time and learn what most of us on here have! Congrats on the bike, X-bones are the chit!
b

Old 03-17-2011 | 10:20 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

I don't understand signing loan papers, down payment and turning a trade BEFORE the bike was in hand.

Look into the mirror as to where the fault is.

It's called a life lesson. Don't ever do it again.

I could see putting a small deposit down until it was there but that's all.

Old 03-18-2011 | 12:17 AM
County98
Tourer

Originally Posted by lh4x4

I could see putting a small deposit down until it was there but that's all.
I bought my wife a Nightster that needed delivered from another dealer. That is all I did...

They called me back when the bike was on the showroom floor, and when I got there it already had the "Sold to..." tag. Then did paperwork and rode away.

I'm sure it will be fine. I would personally ask for some merchandise credit from someone hgiher up than sales manager, and be pleasant and shake hads at the same time. If they say no, then so be it. Throwing a fit isnt going to help you at all, especially if you plan on EVER going back there for parts, service, etc.

Congrats on new bike!

Quick Reply: Should I be mad?