Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okay....I officially he bike withdraw!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011 | 07:26 AM
Nicky Pass
|
Road Warrior
Default Okay....I officially he bike withdraw!

My bike has been gone since Monday to get Carlini Flyin' Apes on and the BCM recall done. Not that its a bad thing, but yesterday was 61 degrees and today is gonna be close to 70 degrees! I saw a ton of bikes out yesterday, there will be even more out today and I have ridden since the weekend before Thanksgiving! They said it should be done Friday or Monday.....just in time for it to be 40s and rain all next week...one day says rain and SNOW!

Old 03-17-2011 | 07:32 AM
KeeBee
Road Master

Ouch that sux! My brother is basically having the same kind of weather you have. Calls me almost daily asking about our weather.

Starting to see more and more bikes running around town. If you go by the local Harley dealers they are selling like crazy right now. 60's in the early morning and upper 70's to low 80's this week.

But in about a month it will shoot up into the 90's and boiling hot.

Old 03-17-2011 | 08:14 AM
akhenaten
Tourer

Same here mang. still waiting for parts for the bars install. The weather here has been friggin perfect 65-75. Of course once I get her back on the road it'll blizzard. LOL

Old 03-17-2011 | 09:16 AM
JakesDad1
Road Captain

I feel your pain. My mods are done except for installing the Labriola suicide shift (Still don't even know when it will be shipped!). Can't ride it that way!!!! So I'm stuck watching others riding and all I can do is adjust the headlight, shocks, etc. Soon I'll have nothing to do but watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-17-2011 | 09:23 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

My bike spent the winter in my girlfriends garage, where i have limited tools and couldn't do any work.. finally got it home this past sunday and stripped her all down and send out my parts to powder and all that.. now im at a standstill until i get those parts back, and its 60* today, and supposed to be 70* tomorrow. bah humbug.

Old 03-17-2011 | 09:31 AM
bikersurgeon
Tourer

Congratulations on stripping your girlfriend down! just kidding, bad joke....around here you can rent a harley for a day for 60 bucks.....I know it isn't the same as riding your own scoot but better than nothing.

Old 03-17-2011 | 09:42 AM
JoshFBL
Advanced

Ditto. My bike has been gone since last Thurs getting a few mods. I call yesterday to find out if it's done yet. They say, "yeah, but we chipped the paint on your tank, so we have to send it out to the painter..."

They're closed on Sun/Mon, so looks like next Tuesday for me.....

Old 03-17-2011 | 09:54 AM
Nicky Pass
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JoshFBL
Ditto. My bike has been gone since last Thurs getting a few mods. I call yesterday to find out if it's done yet. They say, "yeah, but we chipped the paint on your tank, so we have to send it out to the painter..."

They're closed on Sun/Mon, so looks like next Tuesday for me.....
Chipped paint = death to who chipped it! Thats like my biggest fear about getting ANYTHING done to my bike!

Old 03-17-2011 | 10:06 AM
Swilkins
Tourer

Bummer on the weather for some of you. It's riding tme here in NC!

Old 03-17-2011 | 12:23 PM
Nicky Pass
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Swilkins
Bummer on the weather for some of you. It's riding tme here in NC!
70 is perfect here (Chicago)....although it is St Patty's day, it could get dangerous as the night goes on!

Quick Reply: Okay....I officially he bike withdraw!