Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 12:45 PM
jjdaly
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

the M i got measures 10.25 x 8.25

Old 07-18-2012, 10:50 PM
driverswanted
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jjdaly, that's great news! I'm going to order the M in Rosewood. It should match the color of my bike closely too. Thanks for chiming in. Its greatly appreciated.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:04 AM
medina charlie
Cruiser

the measurements are 8.25 X10.25 and the size is lge.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:58 AM
jjdaly
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I *think* that the L & M use the same shell size. when i got the M i thought it was going to be too big again, but somehow it fit better (and still sits nice and low). the sizes must be extremely close together because really i thought they were the same size just looking at them.

the rosewood is pretty sweet.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:38 PM
I Corps
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by otoole22
Well I got my Lick's NovDot today and all I can say is WOW! It is definitely smaller and lighter than my Bell 500. And it went right on and fit like a glove, while I had to make a few adjustments to the Bell(finger mashing). They both fit low on my head but the Lick's just looks better. Even though I like the looks of the Bell I am switching to the Lick's. If your looking for a small, light and very comfortable 3/4 DOT helmet I would recommend the Lick's NovDot.
I just ordered the Licks NovDot in Gloss Black. My question is about audio. I want to use the bluetooth feature from my iPhone for music and directions. Does anyone have any suggestions for audio with this helmet?

Old 07-19-2012, 01:00 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by I Corps
I just ordered the Licks NovDot in Gloss Black. My question is about audio. I want to use the bluetooth feature from my iPhone for music and directions. Does anyone have any suggestions for audio with this helmet?
I use ER6-i from Etomytics they are plug-in style and cancel noise very nicely.
I think they make a "Telephone" type from it. but these are all 'wired'.

They make a bluetooth one that intrudes out, to be honest I never use bluetooth on my bike, just wired to my ipod, set on Radio or some nice music while blocking the noise out.

The licks is definitely better than the Bell or RockHard, but it is less nicer inside, also it is narrower from back to front, so order a size up from Bell or RockHard.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Mutton Chop
Novice
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Ordered a Lick's NovDot last week and it came in yesterday. Going from a Fulmer V2 to this is like night and day for the size and weight. I won't say that the Fulmer isn't put together a bit better as fas as aesthetics on the inside, but no joke, the Lick's is equal in comfort and I am getting less wind noise. I pretty much gave up trying to find a "low profile DOT" until reading threads on the Lick's and decided to give it a shot. Not disappointed at all. The jury is still out on the Visormatic 6000 transition lens I ordered with it. Cant say I mind riding with glasses, just couldn't resist seeing if this was truly going to be a replacement or not. We'll see. Fit on the licks was pretty standard, I am always a Large and it fit great. My wife grumbled that another helmet arrived, but then she did comment that this one is much less "Marvin the Martian" than the others. Cheers.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:32 AM
dproto09
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is anyone interested in Trading a Lick's NovDot Flat Black size large for a size medium? I think I need a smaller size. located New York Area.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:40 PM
driverswanted
6th Gear

Well, no luck on the outlaw in Rosewood. Emailed the rep, and they measured out to the new larger measurements. I did however find a super small DOT lid. It's a HL200 Carbon Tech N/P and it's made by Akoury Helmets. It's a Matte Carbon Fiber lid. Price was a little hefty at $160 CDN, but I bit the bullet. God, comparing it side by side with my HD Hybrid shell helmet I used to wear, I can't believe what a difference there is in size. It's a size XL, and measures 10.5" front to back, 8" side to side and approx 5.25" tall. The foam on the sides is 3/8" at most, and about 5/8" fore and aft. I'll snap some pictures and put them up for comparison. The other nice features are a quick release lock for the chin strap, and no sun visor holes or snaps. It's a true beanie. Can't wait to get out in the open with it and give it a good road test.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:22 PM
TXbobber
Intermediate

Originally Posted by driverswanted
I'll snap some pictures and put them up for comparison. The other nice features are a quick release lock for the chin strap, and no sun visor holes or snaps. It's a true beanie. Can't wait to get out in the open with it and give it a good road test.
Have you had a chance to get a picture of how the helmet fits? How's it feel when you ride wearing it? Any lift?

Also, could you post a link to where you bought the helmet from?

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?