Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Jim_bo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK.... I read about a dozen pages of this thread and most people seem to like the outlaw.... so I went to leather up only to find that there are about a dozen outlaw models. So... which model is the one that doesn't look like a turd on your head? Anyone want to post some pics of their helmet wrapped around their grape?

Old 04-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Any ideas which is the better and or smaller 3/4 DOT between the RockHard, Biltwell and Licks? Does anyone have the bubble shield that Biltwell makes and if so how do you like it?

Old 04-10-2012, 10:23 AM
nickel.wound
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutus01
Any ideas which is the better and or smaller 3/4 DOT between the RockHard, Biltwell and Licks? Does anyone have the bubble shield that Biltwell makes and if so how do you like it?
I wear an XL in all of my helmets. I've tried the Biltwell novelty, Biltwell DOT, and the Lick's for 3/4 size lids.

I bought the Lick's because it was the lightest and thinnest of the three for me.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:43 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim_bo
OK.... I read about a dozen pages of this thread and most people seem to like the outlaw.... so I went to leather up only to find that there are about a dozen outlaw models. So... which model is the one that doesn't look like a turd on your head? Anyone want to post some pics of their helmet wrapped around their grape?
here's mine , How do i Look , ,, Ultra Low Profile AX30010
I got it last summer
(#AX-30010-Carbon-Helmet)By Outlaw Helmets
"Ultra Low Profile Glossy Carbon-Fiber Motorcycle Half Helmet"(#AX-30010-Carbon-Helmet)
"Ultra Low Profile Glossy Carbon-Fiber Motorcycle Half Helmet"(#AX-30010-Carbon-Helmet)

Name:  helmuton-1.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  35.2 KB

Old 04-10-2012, 11:04 AM
a10182
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they all look the same gonna be a mushroom anyway

Old 04-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Jim_bo
Cruiser

One thing I haven't seen in this thread is any discussion about head shapes. Some people have round heads that tend to fit well into most helmets. However, people like me have an oval, narrow head. These tend to make helmets look like mushrooms.

So, with that said, can anyone comment about lightweight helmets and how they fit with specific head shapes?

Old 04-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by brettnbama
If anyone is interested in a Biltwell DOT shoot me a message
Brett,

How does your RockHard compare to the Biltwell?

Old 04-10-2012, 03:00 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have the bubble shield that Biltwell makes and if so how do you like it?
I love the bubble shield.. By no means is it airproof from the top or sides though. I dont feel the wind but i did hear it. And there is a little rattle to it every now and then. Not bad enough to scare you away from the product. . I put a felt tape around the edge of it and that took care of both problems. And its very easy to mount and remove.. Three snaps and you're gone! I posted a pic of it in the 3/4 Helmet Thread... Lemme know if you want to see it. I feel like im posting too many pics of me, or that could just be the Black Label!

Old 04-10-2012, 03:38 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brett,

How does your RockHard compare to the Biltwell?
The biltwell may be a tad smaller than the Rockhard. I do really like the interior of the rockhard though. I may have to switch to Biltwell because I am about to be a dealer. Doing it with the intention of striping them. Once I am in full swing, I will probably have to see about being a supporting vendor on here....

Old 04-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by brettnbama
The biltwell may be a tad smaller than the Rockhard. I do really like the interior of the rockhard though. I may have to switch to Biltwell because I am about to be a dealer. Doing it with the intention of striping them. Once I am in full swing, I will probably have to see about being a supporting vendor on here....
Any idea about the differences between the Biltwell Hustler DOT and the Biltwell Novelty helmets as far as size and padding? I really like some of the color options in the novelty that are not offered in the Hustler.

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?