Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 04:09 PM
otoole22
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by otoole22
I just ordered the Licks NovDot in Matte Black. Based on everything I have read this one sits the lowest. I have a Bell Custom 500 Stunt and I will see which of the two I think sits lower. If I don't like it then it's off to try the Rockhard. Will update when I get it.
Well I got my Lick's NovDot today and all I can say is WOW! It is definitely smaller and lighter than my Bell 500. And it went right on and fit like a glove, while I had to make a few adjustments to the Bell(finger mashing). They both fit low on my head but the Lick's just looks better. Even though I like the looks of the Bell I am switching to the Lick's. If your looking for a small, light and very comfortable 3/4 DOT helmet I would recommend the Lick's NovDot.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:48 PM
anonymous_1
Tourer

So my Ultra Slim Fiberglass Outlaw helmet came today. I only have 1 other helmet, it's a Bell Drifter, weighs about 5 lbs I think. The Outlaw seems pretty light, and fairly small too. I don't live in a Helmet state, and boy am I glad. I took it out for a ride, with the bill on, it tried to fly off my head. So I took it off and came back, much better. I'm not used to wearing a helmet, and I doubt I ever will be. But I definitely think this will do me just fine when I'm required to wear one. The only thing I didn't like was I got the Glossy Cloudy Gray/Black, that thing is entirely Glossy Black, no cloudy about it. The box is even labeled as Glossy Black. Leather Up told me after being in the sun for a bit the cloudiness comes out. I asked, so it changes color. They said yes. Oh well, it's a small light helmet and that's all I wanted.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:05 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well the Outlaw Polo from LU came today and it's going back. Got a large and it's true to their size chart BUT its super tall and looks terrible on my head. Very stupid looking indeed. Sits really tall. I have come to the conclusion there is NO good looking DOT 1/2 out there. Going with a Voss polo next.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:42 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Fulmer 1/2 helm in my avatar. Smallest I found. Gonna hit up the Licks novDot 3/4 too.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:27 AM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior

Ben

That's a real DOT 1/2? Damn! Looks like a nov.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:34 PM
ez__rider
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CSS_FXD
Well the Outlaw Polo from LU came today and it's going back. Got a large and it's true to their size chart BUT its super tall and looks terrible on my head. Very stupid looking indeed. Sits really tall. I have come to the conclusion there is NO good looking DOT 1/2 out there. Going with a Voss polo next.
I got my outlaw polo from eBay last week, and it's great. My buddy has the "original" carbon outlaw and it's pretty much identical. I'm happy. Licks NovDot is next for the colder days, etc...

Old 04-07-2012, 08:36 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior

The ebay one and leatherup one is the same. Huh, glad yours fits nice, mine sits high up on my head and looks terrible.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:45 PM
jackets
Cruiser

Originally Posted by otoole22
Well I got my Lick's NovDot today and all I can say is WOW!........
If your looking for a small, light and very comfortable 3/4 DOT helmet I would recommend the Lick's NovDot.
I second this take 100%. Really happy with the Lick's. I have the matte silver. DO NOT buy the slick looking half visor if you wear glasses though.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:29 AM
NickW
Advanced

ordered a rockhard from motorcycle super store and got it the next day. Did not expect that in the least. Maybe because it was only getting shipped from louisville,ky to cincinnati,oh. I got the flat black. It looked sick in brett's sig pic.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:39 AM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys, Gotta see some pics of the helmets on your skull so we can see if they look like a ********. The DOT buckets look ok until they are on a skull and then they look stupid. I bought a DOT german a couple years ago, It went back.

Stone

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?