Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 05:58 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by recon7
Got my Outlaw AX-30020 today. Went by the sizing chart and it fits perfectly. Not quite as small as my ACC novelty, but a LOT smaller than my HCI. Smallest DOT I've ever put on my head. I think I'm going to be pretty happy with it. I will need to buy a quick-release for it, but should be good to go after that is installed!
I think I have an odd shaped head or something. One of my Brothers ordered an XL, when he gets it, I will try it on, if it fits I may order it, can only find it in gloss though. I really like the way the matte carbon fiber helmet looked. I wish it would have fit....

Old 03-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

I ordered a Bell 500 Custom.. i'll see how that fits, if i don't like it, i'll send it back..oh well. I guess it's the price you pay for ordering online. Besides, my parts are STILL in powder coat, so it's not like i'm in a hurry to ride anyways. Next up in my line will be the RockHard, then the Licks..

2 reasons I went with the Bell..

1) It came in the gloss black i'm looking for (otherwise i'd have to paint my new helmet..maybe do some flame-cutout in the masking tape which would look hot.. matte flames on glossy black..yum)...

2) They didn't have them in my size.. though according to the chart i should be a Large (23.9" grape).. the larges are too big on me, so I'll probably need a medium..yeah.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:40 AM
big6x6
Tourer

Like I said earlier...you might try one of the RDX(Ridex) shorty helmets... I have had the carbon fiber look(gloss tho) RX100C...got it for Christmas...saw it at a local bike shop in Huntville and just had to have it.. Looks VERY similar to the helmet y'all have been eyeballing.. It's a comfortable well-made helmet...and as small or smaller than my Skid Lid... it don't look too bad...even on ME!

Old 03-25-2011, 10:10 AM
cjbruno
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jafrum

I just received my HCI polo helmet from jafrum.com and its great. best fitting lowest profile i have found. i was looking for something without that mushroom look and this is the closest i have come.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:38 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,895 Likes on 823 Posts

Got a pic with it on?

Old 03-25-2011, 12:00 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by recon7
Got my Outlaw AX-30020 today. Went by the sizing chart and it fits perfectly. Not quite as small as my ACC novelty, but a LOT smaller than my HCI. Smallest DOT I've ever put on my head. I think I'm going to be pretty happy with it. I will need to buy a quick-release for it, but should be good to go after that is installed!
Thats what I found, sits higher then the nov but much lower then THH dot. Not nearly as wide as the THH either.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:01 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Not sure if others mentioned the licks novdot they have a comparison photo of rockhard/v2 and Bell Custom, the bell gets my vote for quality.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:09 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
I think I have an odd shaped head or something. One of my Brothers ordered an XL, when he gets it, I will try it on, if it fits I may order it, can only find it in gloss though. I really like the way the matte carbon fiber helmet looked. I wish it would have fit....
Brett, that helmet in your signature picture is badass I think.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:48 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks, I like it, but it is not DOT. We ride in GA alot, and with those unconstitutional matorcycle only checkpoints, I don't want to get a huge ticket...

Old 03-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Tartarus
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sgt Jim thanks for your service but having been in the service you should know Panzer is a German tank so saying panzer tank is like saying tank tank

I am looking for a 3/4 I want a licks but want to get metalflake and they said it will be awhile

I need a helmet that doesn't act like a parachute going down the highway like DB said.

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?