Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:41 AM
anonymous_1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what's the decision? Is the carbon fiber the best bang for the buck? I could care less about looking like a mushroom, but I have a Bell Drifter and HATE it. It weighs a ton, and don't seem to stay on my head. So I'm just looking for something light weight that looks decent. I'm looking at the Outlaw helmets. I like the price of the fiberglass, but I want the smallest I can get.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:46 AM
TattooBill
Cruiser

Originally Posted by anonymous_1
So what's the decision? Is the carbon fiber the best bang for the buck? I could care less about looking like a mushroom, but I have a Bell Drifter and HATE it. It weighs a ton, and don't seem to stay on my head. So I'm just looking for something light weight that looks decent. I'm looking at the Outlaw helmets. I like the price of the fiberglass, but I want the smallest I can get.
Go with the 40 series, it uses the 5/8th inch liner, the 30 uses the 1 1/8th inch liner, very shroomy

Old 03-27-2012, 01:47 PM
anonymous_1
Tourer

Thanks for the reply Tattoo.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:57 PM
anonymous_1
Tourer

Does the 40 series also run small?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:15 AM
ez__rider
Intermediate

I just ordered this fiberglass outlaw yesterday. My buddy has the "original" carbon outlaw that "everyone wants", so we can do a compare of sizing.

Now... to decide which size NovDot to order from Licks. Can anyone who has a Licks AND a NovDot tell what size you wear in each of those?

Old 03-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Vikingur
Tourer

Originally Posted by ez__rider
I just ordered this fiberglass outlaw yesterday. My buddy has the "original" carbon outlaw that "everyone wants", so we can do a compare of sizing.

Now... to decide which size NovDot to order from Licks. Can anyone who has a Licks AND a NovDot tell what size you wear in each of those?
The Lick's is the NOVDOT, and according to the size chart I was a M. Came in the mail, fit OK, but I was looking for a more snug fit. Emailed AJ at Lick's, and he recommended the S. Exchange was super easy, and the S fits great. Head measures 22"/56cm. I wear a 7 1/8 if that helps. Email or call AJ - he'll steer you in the right direction.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:58 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I want to get the outlaw polo 4 series

Old 03-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Biggerfoot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vikingur
The Lick's is the NOVDOT, and according to the size chart I was a M. Came in the mail, fit OK, but I was looking for a more snug fit. Emailed AJ at Lick's, and he recommended the S. Exchange was super easy, and the S fits great. Head measures 22"/56cm. I wear a 7 1/8 if that helps. Email or call AJ - he'll steer you in the right direction.
I have had the NovDot for close to 800 miles so far and could not be more pleased. During the windy, cooler weather this time of year, it is great. I is the most comfortable helmet I have worn.

I normally wear a M but the size chart recommended a L and the L fit well.

I also had great service from AJ. I had a snap issue and it was handled very quickly and professionally.

I always wore a half helmet before and this is my first 3/4. It will be hard going back to the Outlaw in the hot weather (if I do).

Old 03-28-2012, 03:44 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like my Daytona 3/4. Super light comfy and not crazy big.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:58 AM
ez__rider
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Vikingur
Ya, my post should've said "...can anyone who has an Outlaw AND a NovDot comment on what size they wear for both".

Anyhow: I've seen a number of posts like yours, where the size chart tells you one thing, but the size smaller fits better. I wear an XL in Shoei, and seems like XL in Outlaw (my friend's L was too small). The Lick's chart says I should be XL, but I'm likely to order a L. I will call them today and put in an order.

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?