Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 08:43 AM
2PawsRiver
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Experimenting this week. Called Daytona and got the measurments for their kids Dot Helmets. About a 1/4 inch longer and 1/2 inch wider, same height as my Novelty Helmet.

When it gets in, will compare the two. Hoping to be able to gut the new one, put in a thin liner and see if it fits like my novelty helmet.

Yeah, I know, still won't be a legal helmet, but hey, it has a ligit DOT id....

With any luck Michigan will drop the helmet law soon.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Cazimere
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slickster63
my Outlaw ultra low carbon came in ... honestly, it feels like a bicycle helmet.

Went down to a motorcycle shop yesterday and picked up a bell 500. Cool vintage style, feels like a solid helmet. Very nice on the bike at high speeds, stays put, still has the open face, I love it. I'm going to stick with the 3/4 stuff.

I have a large size ... got from the guy on ebay. If anyone is interested, hit me up
I got the helmet today. Would have been nice to know that you dropped it causing a golf ball sized blemish on the top. Plus you replaced the snaps with the screws but one is missing. Yep.
I paid you full price for what i thought would be undamaged goods.
I guess the Fool was me.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:25 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cazimere
I got the helmet today. Would have been nice to know that you dropped it causing a golf ball sized blemish on the top. Plus you replaced the snaps with the screws but one is missing. Yep.
I paid you full price for what i thought would be undamaged goods.
I guess the Fool was me.
I'll take it if it's the right size bro. I don't know what the fitment chart is for that helmet, but I'm a 7 3/8" hat size. Let me know?

Most of us on the forum are pretty stand up and I've always had good luck with fellow forum members here, but you are right, he should have stated the obvious.

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 09-09-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Slickster63
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you look in the package ... I put a letter in there explaining the problems ...

I also gave you BACK YOUR CHECK ... right now, you have a less-than-perfect FREE helmet

All I asked was for you to pay me what you think is fair?

I wore the helmet once ... had it sitting around, I didn't realize the problems until I was packing it up to send to you. If you don't want it, I'll pay for shipping back to me.

Sorry

Last edited by Slickster63; 09-09-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:44 PM
dortiz
Road Captain

I will give you 15 plus shipping for it.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:49 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

If you look in the package ... I put a letter in there explaining the problems ...

I also gave you BACK YOUR CHECK ... right now, you have a less-than-perfect FREE helmet

I wore the helmet once ... had it sitting around, I didn't realize the problems until I was packing it up to send to you. If you don't want it, I'll pay for shipping back to me.

Sorry
That sounds fair! If you guys don't want it then I'll buy it. Just hit me up who ever wants to get rid of it. (pictures?)

Old 09-09-2011, 03:59 PM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 370 Likes on 236 Posts

I have one in sz large, they do run small and this large is a little snug, But I dont like it, So here goes 1 large ultra low carbon outlaw helmet never worn comes with bag visor and original box. this is mint and never worn. anyone interested pm me for pics. asking for 60.00 shipped.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Cazimere
Road Captain

Sorry
Didn't see the note with the check in it till now. Was too busy being po-ed. My bad.
I'll keep it and get it painted and put a new dot sticker on it. I'll mail a new check tomorrow.

Last edited by Cazimere; 09-09-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:08 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 30glock
I have one in sz large, they do run small and this large is a little snug, But I dont like it, So here goes 1 large ultra low carbon outlaw helmet never worn comes with bag visor and original box. this is mint and never worn. anyone interested pm me for pics. asking for 60.00 shipped.
PM sent

Old 09-09-2011, 07:22 PM
2PawsRiver
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry
That is about the most upstanding move I have seen..........doesn't get much better then that.

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?