Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 10:58 AM
nopetrol
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rog48
I got an outlaw carbon, pretty low, ok comfort. What sucks is I have to sinch it down pretty good to keep it from lifting, but when I do that the tiny strap really digs in.......is there a solution?

I have the same problem. With the chin strap comfortable, it lifts. I like it otherwise. I figured I will try a strip of generic padding from a mountain bike helmet across the back to tighten it to my forehead.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:49 PM
potatowire
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by micahpop
Hey potato, thanks for taking the time to post those pics. I, too, got the Rockhard after a long wait and it did not fit me well either. It's a quality helmet but sat too high on my head.
That's the thing, it sticks up too far. I guess you can tell that since I cut the top of it off in two pictures in row.

Originally Posted by micahpop
It looks like the Lick's is not bad - may have to try one of those. How's their return/exchange policy?
I've heard good things about their customer support, but they do have a 20% re-stocking fee.

One other thing: I rode 35 miles with the NovDot on this morning, and it was great. So light that it was easy to forget it was on.

-pw

Old 08-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nickel.wound
Got my gloss black Lick's yesterday. It lives up to the hype. Best helmet I've tried. I got an XL.
Same, that's what I've been saying... just a stunning helmet in comfort and looks.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rog48
Went back and read all the posts........damit..........looks like I got one of the newer outlaws. Think Ill give a 3/4 a try.
Yea.. I got one of those accidentally back then also.. That's one of the worst things about that helmet.. the strap really chokes you. The "Older" ones it doesn't choke at all, it's actually pretty comfortable. Until I knew that problem one was a new one I thought about maybe wrapping the strap with a faux-fur or sheeps wool piece to make it not dig as much. I ended up just sending it back instead.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:03 PM
AEaton10
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another vote for the NOVDOT. Good quality finish on the flat black. Comfortable, light and feels good while riding. Mine rocks back on my head slightly but I attribute this to my head shape.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:59 PM
2xcopper
Intermediate

ok went thru all this! but I think someone ask for a licks novdot and a daytona 3/4 to be compared. has it been done yet? don't want to go back thru all the pages again. need pics

Old 09-03-2011, 03:43 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone around atlanta with a novdot in xl that I could yet on? I love my rockhard, but the licks is a bit trimmer. The large seemed to be a bit too snug

Old 09-03-2011, 09:01 PM
MuttnJeff
Tourer

Wow! What a thread...and I still have not found one to fit great, ride great AND look cool....oh well..back to the old novelty lid with a fake dot sticker...been doin it for over 25 years!

Old 09-04-2011, 12:52 PM
blaz3in
Stage II

Originally Posted by klf33
My head worked well with the 'small' RockHard and Bell, it is usually Medium in other helmets

Here are a few 'action' shots with my RockHard (Red) and my Crazy Canadian low profile half DOT (Black) and you can see also the change in bar heights

Hey guys,

Great info!!

not trying to hijack the thread, but i have no idea how to msg someone directly LOL.. but do you still have the other bars pictured by chance?

Cheers!!

Old 09-05-2011, 08:34 AM
ultravista
Road Captain

Does anyone know when the low-profile carbon fiber (ax-30030) helmets will be out? Throughout these threads, it appears that the low-profile became high-profile with additional padding.

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?