Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 06:44 PM
TattooBill
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wifes gonna kill me but,

My helmet search is over, DanielBG has 3/4 DOT flat black with dime thick padding like my outlaw ax! Now I have 1 full, 1 3/4, and 2 outlaw halfs!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FLAT-...63249375321282

Old 08-19-2011, 07:04 PM
shy1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oct1949
Some of the 1/2 helmets do loook like a ***** lid...

IMO I'd think at least a Polo lid skid it better looking lid...
It also appears the polo lids are a little narrower. The plus with the other helmets, those with snaps or screws, is that you can put on a small shield in the rain. Some of us don't have room to pack two helmets, especially when packing two people.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:01 PM
nopetrol
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just placed an order for a 2x. I hope it fits. I'm not a big fan of carbon fiber, but once I know it fits, I figure I'll send it to Brett & get him to stripe it up.

Originally Posted by DanielBG
Greetings board members!

I am the seller of the AX300 helmets and am the only one offering these in the ultra low profile version. You will not find them anywhere else. I only have about a half dozen left in each size from Large to 2XL. They may not be restocked again, so get your order in soon.

http://stores.ebay.com/essential-gea..._sid=906432886

All the best,
Dan

Old 08-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Forge
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TattooBill
My helmet search is over, DanielBG has 3/4 DOT flat black with dime thick padding like my outlaw ax! Now I have 1 full, 1 3/4, and 2 outlaw halfs!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FLAT-...63249375321282
Look forward to seeing a pic with your reactions.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nickel.wound
Can anyone who ordered a Lick's while they were in stock let me know how long it took to get on your doorstep?

I ordered my Gloss Black a week ago, and it hasn't shipped. It was listed as In Stock when I ordered. Thanks!
I waited a little bit myself without any notice that it's on it's way and then BAMM it was there on the doorstep. I think 10 to 20 days is expected. Anything longer then 3 weeks then I'd call. But it shows up, no mention that it's on it's way so it's probably in transit to you now.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:04 AM
DanielBG
6th Gear

Originally Posted by nopetrol
I just placed an order for a 2x. I hope it fits. I'm not a big fan of carbon fiber, but once I know it fits, I figure I'll send it to Brett & get him to stripe it up.
Terrific! I see your order and will have it shipped first thing Monday. If it doesn't fit you can send it back for a refund.

Thanks,
Dan

Old 08-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Cazimere
Road Captain

I ordered a L & XL on friday. Looking forward to getting them : )
Also got an email saying they were refunding 6$. I guess its a discount on the shipping since i ordered 2. Thank you Dan.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:25 AM
ultravista
Road Captain

Does anyone have input on the Outlaw Retro? The Retro is a 3/4 DOT helmet. The one below happens to have speakers built in (for MP3 etc) and looks good.

I searched the forums but didn't find anything.

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Outlaw-He...rs/218734.html

Old 08-22-2011, 12:36 PM
kh24
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dan's the man!!! Ordered late thursday night and they came today...all the way across country. My medium fits just like the leatherup one does. The large is a little smaller than the leatherup so I hope when pops gets home he fits him. I'll get some pics up comparing the two later.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 06 flstfise
Can you shed a little light on what teh ACC saga was. Also does anyone have any other recommendations for a low profile half helmet. Looking for the same size as the orginal outlaw that started this thread. Thanks
ACC sold their carbon fiber/kevlar helmets as DOT certified.They were supposed to be the lightest. lowest fitting DOT around.After some testing was done they failed one or more of the criteria to meet DOT standards.There was a recall on the helmets.Some got full refunds but many got nothing.It was a pricey helmet.ACC went under.They opened under a new name Composite Craft/Head Trip Helmets.They are now sold as non dot.Sorry for the late response I was on vacation.

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?