Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:07 PM
kh24
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 flstfise
So did outlaw change the low profile design? Had a few buddies order some after seeing mine and they are bigger in every way. What has leather up said to you guys?
Someone in another thread claimed he ordered 2 helmets and received one that was very low profile like the original and one like the new design....even though they are both the same size.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:37 AM
06 flstfise
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Malingerer
Me and my buddy have always questioned the validity of the DOT certification on the original Ultra low pro carbon Outlaw Helmet.I feel a ACC saga coming on.

Can you shed a little light on what teh ACC saga was. Also does anyone have any other recommendations for a low profile half helmet. Looking for the same size as the orginal outlaw that started this thread. Thanks

Old 08-16-2011, 08:15 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by kh24

My medium outlaw ax30030 measured 8.75" wide and 10.75" long. I believe the old ones were 8.25"x10.25"
The original med's do measure 8.25" x 10.25". I'd call Leatherup and ask them to measure the helmet prior to ordering. They did this for me before these helmets became popular.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:18 PM
icdred
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading this thread for many moons, I finally decided to order my first helmet after searching for the right one for nearly 8 years....I got the Outlaw low profile. I have never ridden with a half helmet and my recent experience was that it wants to lift at speeds over 70mph. How do you prevent this? Do I not have the straps adjusted forward enough? I am new to this whole helmet thing and I am going to have to wear one for a trip to LV and do not know how to stomach it.....any ideas or suggestions on the lifting issue? Thanks, I am almost convinced that I may have to go with a 3/4......

Old 08-16-2011, 11:52 PM
kh24
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Strap that thing down tight. Its gotta be tight or its just naturally gonna want to lift. The other thing is a quick connect kit will usually keep it snugger. The last thing is are you sure it fits correctly? You should have the helmet strapped down and when you grab it from the back and pull it forward, it moves the skin on your forehead down with the helmet.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:07 AM
F34R
Tourer

Got my Rockhard Vintage matte black in yesterday... I'll give some impressions and pics, etc., in the coming days.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:20 AM
Cazimere
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Zombiequest
Looks like I spoke too soon... the Licks arrived today and.. Oh My GOD!!! Believe the hype bitches!! Absolutely Unbelievable!... I never thought I'd like the typical "Evil Knievel" sytle helmet until I tried this on... where has this sucker been my entire life? Love the Ultra-Low Outlaw carbon fiber, but even that has the "hint" of a mushroom head.. ZERO Mushroom on the licks. And comfy as hell... this sucker was worth every penny! Even twice as much. I'm gonna get on the waiting list for a Matte now "Just Because"... got my gloss black already... if it gets lost or stolen I want another one in the waiting just in case. This is TOO good to have only one.
Which Licks helmet did you get?

Old 08-17-2011, 07:49 AM
lghtngblt02
Advanced

Originally Posted by kh24
Seems like some are receiving the original ultra low profile ones and some are getting the ones with the bigger shell and liners. I got a medium and a large that had the bigger shell and liner. Either that or the people that are claiming they just received the low profile one can't really notice the difference.

My medium outlaw ax30030 measured 8.75" wide and 10.75" long. I believe the old ones were 8.25"x10.25"
The large and x-large I received this past Friday measure 8.75 x 10.75.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Cazimere
Which Licks helmet did you get?
They didn't have any Matte Black in stock (only medium and smaller and 3XL in Matte Black) so I said, hell with it and got the Gloss/Vivid Black... figured if it fit good I could always "Rattle can" it Matte Black if it really needed it. Gloss Black they had available in every size. I normally wear a size Large helmet and this one fit perfect at that size. Unlike other brands where you have to upsize or downsize to get the best result.

Obviously I was impressed with the quality and comfort. I got a full head helmet in another brand months ago and thought my eyes were gonna explode from the heat. This one doesn't "heat up" at all... very airy and comfortable. Cool in Summer, Warm in Winter.

http://www.lickscycles.com/catalog/p...oducts_id=2184

Old 08-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Cazimere
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Zombiequest
They didn't have any Matte Black in stock (only medium and smaller and 3XL in Matte Black) so I said, hell with it and got the Gloss/Vivid Black... figured if it fit good I could always "Rattle can" it Matte Black if it really needed it. Gloss Black they had available in every size. I normally wear a size Large helmet and this one fit perfect at that size. Unlike other brands where you have to upsize or downsize to get the best result.

Obviously I was impressed with the quality and comfort. I got a full head helmet in another brand months ago and thought my eyes were gonna explode from the heat. This one doesn't "heat up" at all... very airy and comfortable. Cool in Summer, Warm in Winter.

http://www.lickscycles.com/catalog/p...oducts_id=2184
Thanks, but i thought you were talking about a 1/2 helmet.

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?