Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 04:29 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

leatherup.com

Old 03-18-2011, 07:04 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 8,953 Likes on 4,700 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
leatherup.com
Thanks for the link! Just ordered myself a German Half helmet! It matches my tattoo! Hope it fits alright... lol

Now all I need is a spike to put on it! Any ideas?

Old 03-18-2011, 07:08 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

hmmm, I have seen spikes on ebay, I have seen some with suction cups for helmets too, but check your local laws first, I think in some places, it is actually illegal to have something "protruding" from your helmet

Old 03-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RIPbiker13
Thanks for the link! Just ordered myself a German Half helmet! It matches my tattoo! Hope it fits alright... lol

Now all I need is a spike to put on it! Any ideas?

instead of a spike, get yourself a nice Panzer tank and invade Poland.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:35 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Sgt Jim sorry my reply to the PM was short busy day at the shop... TGIF... lol

Anyway I couldn't remember and had to come look... AX-30010 the last 2 digits are color codes I think mine is the glossy carbon fiber... Comfy helmet and doesn't stickout past you ears...

Old 03-18-2011, 08:36 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 8,953 Likes on 4,700 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
instead of a spike, get yourself a nice Panzer tank and invade Poland.
One step at a time.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:27 PM
220 Dlx
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My .02.

My wife and just received our HCI 100s. We are fairly small folk with small heads (me size S and she size XS). Really pleased with the helmets. They look better than any we tried on in the shops and were $37 per. No mushroom, certainly.

We happy.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm ressurrecting this thread, although it's only been 3 days since the last post..

I got my hands on a SkidLid Naked Shorty for like $30 on Amazon, it came in and it's a decent looking helmet.. but its honestly almost the same size as my DOT Harley half-helmet.. it's maybe an eighth of an inch narrower on each side, but just as round on top.. so i'm not to happy about it. Oh it also makes my head itch. Anywho, not the point..

The point is.. the more i see them, the more i like 3/4 helmets. So I'm debating between a Bell 500, and a RockHard American Classic.. I know someone on here said they liked the Bell 500, but i'm also looking for something that sits low on my head.. the Rockhard (from pictures i've seen) looks like it sits lower than the Bell. it's also $10 cheaper, but doesn't come in the color i want (gloss black to match my Lo)..

Anywho.. is anyone familiar with the Rockhard at all? or have more input on the topic?

Side question..when looking up things on the Bell 500 and RockHard, I kept seeing references to "Fulmer V2" but their website doesn't work, and when I try to do "shopping" on google, it brings up the RockHard... are they the same company or something?

Old 03-23-2011, 09:51 PM
zjones
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mentioned the Rockhard Classic earlier in this thread - got it and love it. Sits low and fit/finish is excellent. I have the matte black and it's about halfway between matte and gloss in my opinion. I have nothing but good to say about this one.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:55 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

I got my Outlaw yesterday, too small....I went by the sizing chart too. One of my brothers wanted to see it when I got it, as he and his OL are on the hunt for decent looking DOTs. It fit her so she bought it. He is trying to find a XL, but everyone seems to be out of stock....I am still on the hunt

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?