Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 04:56 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by UT-rckr
klf33, what vest are you wearing?
Icon's it is the Vest that has the back protector , they are bad ***

This photo from last year (notice the high bars and white walls ).

Old 08-12-2011, 04:41 PM
lghtngblt02
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I received both Outlaw helmets today, ax30010, and I must say they are NICE. The wife's fits perfect and mine is a tad small, but I am going to sit here in my living room with a beer and it on and see how it feels after a bit... so far, I have a bit of a hot spot on my fore head but nothing unbearable or unexpected, yet. It fits like a snug glove to my head. Kind of undecided at the moment... beings I dont know how a double XL would feel... but overall, I am happy!

Old 08-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Just got my ultra low carbon today (matt finish) XL... I gotta be honest, I normally wear Large in almost every helmet but went one size up for the XL... it's actually a little "Jiggly"... I was surprised... granted if I had the choice between tight or jiggly I'd probably go jiggly.. but now it's gotten me so "what if'd" to see if the large fits perfect that I decided to pick one up in Gloss (matt is sold out now of course).. so we'll see...

God knows I own 5 helmets now... how the hell does that happen??? I swear it's gotta be the most common problem for bikers... "Ooo there's a cool-looking helmet.. there's no WAY that can look dorky!!".... then we get it in the mail and sure enough... Dorky.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:39 PM
shineybike
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my outlaw ax-30030 carbon matte. My head measurement was just a hair larger than the medium size range, so i followed an earlier poster that suggested go up a size. I got the large and it fits great. Love the look, much sleeker design than my other half helmet. thanks to whoever made that suggestion.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:04 PM
lghtngblt02
Advanced

Well, I went for a ride with it tonight, its good to go. Fits great and the hot spot went away. The only complaint that I have (the wife has) is the wind noise. Shes not a fan. Any advice from you guys on a cure for this... I looked at ear pads, but I am trying to keep the helmets from being an incubato. I will say it is more noticeable as compared to no helmet. Its not only noticeable on the highway but on the in town streets.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:21 PM
looneytune
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My only complaint with the Outlaw helmet is the wind noise. Fit is great, looks good, but is noisy. Either wear some ear plugs or maybe somebody has some ideas?

Old 08-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

My only beef compared to all other half-helmets I own is the strap... it doesn't so much go under the chin as it does the crease of your neck like a noose.. Makes me wonder if you get into a wreck it would protect your noggin, but would it hang your ***... should be a more comfortable strap.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:26 AM
nickel.wound
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought the NovDot gloss black today. I'll let you know how it fits in a few...

Old 08-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nickel.wound
Bought the NovDot gloss black today. I'll let you know how it fits in a few...
I ordered that a couple weeks ago... still not sent yet, maybe they're on back order and they didn't update their website info.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

still couldnt' be happier with my RockHard 3/4 with regards to comfort.. but i've scratched the doo-doo out of the flat-black shell (not dropping it, just setting it down wrong and it rolls)..and it still sits a little bit high on my grape. I also have a weird shaped head, if I had a longer face it would look more normal, but i don't. So oh well.

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?