Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
Malingerer, your right its like 3-4 times more expensive through one of the carriers, but it doesnt stop there, the carriers over here then pay the the customs charges and duty for you, then when they deliver it, they charge you what they've paid, plus a large administration fee.
Wheras If I can get someone to ship USPS, it comes through our post office, and we pay the charges plus a nominal admin fee.
And because they're not legal over here I havnt been able to locate any stocks.
I've bought loads of stuff from US and always get it USPS,
Lawnmowerman I just bought the gloss carbon fiber Outlaw Ultra.It is brand new size Large.Never used it just tried it on once.I am thinking about selling it not sure if I want to keep it.I am more of a 3/4 helmet cat.If you are interested maybe we could work it out if I decide to sell it.PM me.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:31 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Malingerer but I am an XL, and from what I've read the sizes arent very generous, I was thinking of going with a 2XL, are you normally a large in your other helmets?.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:12 AM
finnrocker
Intermediate

This is for all who are against helmets...
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/308709

Old 07-24-2011, 10:49 PM
icdred
Advanced

I have been referring back to this thread every once in a while in hopes of finding the perfect low riding DOT helmet for my extremely small pinhead and had high hopes of buying the ACC, scratch that one. Now I hear about the Outlaw and seems to be perfect, but I cannot find one in stock anywhere! The price is right and the fit looks right but I cant find one! Anyone have any other sources?

Old 07-25-2011, 07:01 PM
arohr
4th Gear

as far as 3/4 helmets go, can anyone give some opinions/info on which is smallest between the bell custom 500 low profile and licks novdot?

Old 07-25-2011, 08:52 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought my Rockhard was pretty low profile, but a buddy of mine finally got his Lick's. It didn't fit me as well as my Rockhard does and immediately gave me a hotspot on my forehead, but it is definitely low profile....

Old 07-26-2011, 10:32 AM
PearlWhiteGT
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
I thought my Rockhard was pretty low profile, but a buddy of mine finally got his Lick's. It didn't fit me as well as my Rockhard does and immediately gave me a hotspot on my forehead, but it is definitely low profile....
I've been wanting a Rockhard but every time I check they are still on back order. Been thinking of going with a Licks but not sure yet. Which did you honestly like better?

Old 07-26-2011, 03:56 PM
arohr
4th Gear

ok. i think i might have to try the licks then. my fulmer really makes me look like pumpkin head.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:33 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah Brett, post up about the licks. Trying to decide between rockhard, licks and bell 500. The licks is the .only one I can't try on.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:00 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, I don't have any pics of it, a brother of mine has one. They are both sized in Large. My Rockhard fits perfect and gets better all the time. The interior of the Roackhard is much nicer than the Licks IMO. The fit of the Large in the Licks wasn't right. It felt like the ear flaps, if you will, were too high. Almost like it didn't come down far enough. As I mentioned earlier, I immediately got a hot spot. I only wore it for about 2 minutes. Sitting side by side, the Licks is definitely smaller. Licks does use different size shells for all their sizes I believe, so I am afraid a X-Large in the Licks wouldn't look much different than my Large by Roackhard....

If you are going to base it purely on looks, the Lick's wins I guess, but comfort wise, the Rockhard feels better. I just wore my Rockhard on the 3200 mile round trip trek to Colorado and back in June. Don't think I could have done it in the Licks....at least not in a Large. I will give him some time to wear it and try it on again to see if it breaks in at all.....

Last edited by brettnbama; 07-26-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?