Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:13 PM
TattooBill
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep checkin, they were sold out for awhile when I got mine at Leatherup. They probably sellout fast...

Originally Posted by Stretchman
This from the Harley-Davidson website:

These helmets are made from thermoplastic, a single-layer, injection molded material. Due to its single-layer construction, a thermoplastic helmet requires a larger inner impact liner, which in turn increases the shell size and weight.

So the reason a lot of helmets are bigger is due to the shell construction materials. When going to a carbon fiber, or fiberglass matte, the inner liner can be made smaller.

Carbon fiber helmets are made of multiple layers of extremely strong, carbonized KevlarŪ fibers, along with multiple layers of resin. Due to the inherent strength of both carbon and Kevlar, less material is needed to achieve maximum helmet performance, strength and durability. As a result, carbon fiber helmets are significantly more lightweight than a comparable thermoplastic or fiberglass shell

Course, that last quote is talking about helmets in the 250 dollar and up price range.

I tried to order an outlaw CF, but large is out of stock. Still the best price I've seen so far on CF helmets, and lighter and smaller. Seems the cheaper you go, in most cases, the more bobble headed you'll be for the same protection. I guess there's a method to the madness.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 221 Likes on 139 Posts

I went to the local cycle place, and ended up buying a Fulmer Bobber helmet in black metalflake. Man, the thing is monstrous. Beyond bobble head. But I love it. If fits great, and is comfortable as sin to ride with. So yeah, I kind of do care how it looks. I am certain people are looking at me like, WTF?

Old 05-11-2011, 04:43 PM
aidansdad
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really only use the bubble shield in early spring/fall @ dusk when the bugs here in NC are really bad. Other than that, i wear the sunglasses. Got my quick disconnect for my Outlaw, and it makes a HUGE difference. While I was picking it up, demoed a FLHX (trying to convinve the wife we need to move up from the 1200N), and got no lift, no loosening, barely knew it was there. I thought perhaps the fairing/windscreen was partly responsible, so when we left the dealer on the sporty, I flogged it pretty good with the same result; ZERO lift/loosening. I'd be hard pressed to believe there's a better (yea, it's an opinion) helmet for comfort/looks than the AX-30030 w/ a quick connect.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:14 PM
PearlWhiteGT
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been trying to order me a Rockhard Helmet but everyone is out of them. Thanks fellas!!! Haha.....

Old 05-12-2011, 06:33 PM
06 flstfise
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just ordered mine large outlaw AX-30030 from leatherup. See how it fits in a week or so.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:03 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PearlWhiteGT
I've been trying to order me a Rockhard Helmet but everyone is out of them. Thanks fellas!!! Haha.....
Man, Rockhard should probably pay all of us who posted in here....lol

Old 05-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 221 Likes on 139 Posts

Been wearing the Fulmer back and forth to work. At first, I had it forward, but since I've been wearing it for 3 days, I found that it sits nicer if I shift it toward the rear a little. I'll try to get some pix psted of it later, but all in all, it's a nice 3/4. Sure is nice to get off the bike and still be able to hear.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Tartarus
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah they definitely should I had never even heard of them before this thread now I am recommending them to everyone

Old 05-13-2011, 05:03 AM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the outlaw cf in 2 days a few weeks ago,since this thread posted,they are sold out.they do have them in rosewood for $69

Old 05-13-2011, 02:16 PM
ROTTEN ROB
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

From the pics I've seen ,the OUTLAW CARBON FIBER looks like the ACC CARBON FIBER. I have two ACC C.F. in candy black, a small an large. With sizing pads in new condition sitting on the shelf in the garage. The famous DOT BUT NOT! $125.00 for both shipped to your door. By the way, what ever happened to Alika 808, who started all of this?

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?