Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 06:15 PM
txbemis69
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hci carbon fiber 1/2 helmet is what i use...j & p cycle sell them. i also have a skid lid 1/2 helmet & it's a good comfortable helmet for the price. just my 2 cents!...bryan in tx.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:37 AM
ChopperBill
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,170 Likes on 1,268 Posts

Originally Posted by aidansdad
Rode about 15 miles today in my new Outlaw AX-30030. Was great up to about 50mph, then started to lift a little bit due to the strap loosening. Picking up a quick-connect when the moto store opens up. Coming from a V2 (3/4), definitely more wind noise, but i honestly enjoyed it. Once we stopped and i re-tightened the strap, all was good, except for the exta strap slapping me in the neck/cheek when i tuned my head.
I rode mine with the windshield on for about 50 miles and the Outlaw was great. Rode 30 miles yesterday with the windshield off(because I hate the air the comes from below) and it was damn miserable over 50 mph. Adjusted it tighter and it still wanted to lift. Stuck the Outlaw in my buddies saddle bag for the ride home. No helmet, no windshield, 80 degrees and had the best ride of the season!

Old 05-09-2011, 11:55 AM
nferr
Road Master
Received 220 Likes on 98 Posts

I put a quick disconnect on my outlaw and set it good and tight and I get no lift at all at highway speeds. You have to get a helmet that fits nice and tight and have the straps on there good and tight to not get lift with a half helmet.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:38 PM
aidansdad
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine is definitely a tight fit. Got a M, considered sending it back for a L, but decided to keep it after reading/watching tutorials on helmet fitment, as I fall right on the M/L line, and everything said to go with the smaller size when between sizes. The problem wit the Outlaw is that the strap loosens as the lid meets wind resistance, and then it lifts. Pretty sure the quick connect will fix it.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 PM
aidansdad
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Pics as promised. Try to look past the ugly mug under the lid. Also, note that the center snap is not lined up with the center of my head/face. This displays the crushing revelation that my head is crooked that was described previously. FYI, I have an oval head, obviously svelte facial structure. Lid fits my wife's round head a lil better, but I'm not complaining as her regular Outlaw 1/2 lid makes me look real shroomy, and this one not so much. Best part is that my wife's helmet and mine were less combined and shipped than my daughter's Purple Flake V2 was alone.

Name:  IMG_0184.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  53.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0183.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  69.3 KB

Old 05-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Pics as promised. Try to look past the ugly mug under the lid. Also, note that the center snap is not lined up with the center of my head/face. This displays the crushing revelation that my head is crooked that was described previously. FYI, I have an oval head, obviously svelte facial structure. Lid fits my wife's round head a lil better, but I'm not complaining as her regular Outlaw 1/2 lid makes me look real shroomy, and this one not so much. Best part is that my wife's helmet and mine were less combined and shipped than my daughter's Purple Flake V2 was alone.
Can you post some pics with the visor on?

Old 05-09-2011, 07:27 PM
nferr
Road Master
Received 220 Likes on 98 Posts

mine is definitely a tight fit. Got a M, considered sending it back for a L, but decided to keep it after reading/watching tutorials on helmet fitment, as I fall right on the M/L line, and everything said to go with the smaller size when between sizes. The problem wit the Outlaw is that the strap loosens as the lid meets wind resistance, and then it lifts. Pretty sure the quick connect will fix it.
Yup, I had the same problem before I put on the quick connect kit.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:43 PM
TattooBill
Cruiser

I took my snaps off mine and just put the black screws in for a cleaner look...

Old 05-09-2011, 10:12 PM
TheNameIs"B"
Tourer

That outlaw looks like the way to go. I don't think it looks crooked on your nogin Aidansdad. Thanks for posting the photos.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:19 AM
looneytune
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Been riding around for a few days with the Rockhard. I like it. I didn't like my Harley half helmet with the wind noise and lift at higher speeds I was getting. I was going to start wearing ear plugs if I kept that helmet. The Rockhard looks big on my head, but I don't care. I have that type of head where everything looks big on me. Don't know if everyone gets the retro style, nobody likes the look of it but me. Some say it needs a visor. Some say I look like an old man, but I'm not one to look for approval. I wear what I like and this helmet is comfortable for me and I feel safer in it. I'm used to my full face snowmobile helmets or the one from my motocross bike. This one suits me perfectly. I'm just waiting to see what happens when it gets really hot out.

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?