Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 10:38 AM
hbarleatherneck
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know some of you wont wear a 3/4 helmet, but the Rockhard is nice.

I bought mine last week. It is very comfortable, but not easy to get on and off. At least without ripping your ears off. I like it. You just have to finesse it on and off. But, once on, its comfortable. I think it runs true to size. I wear a large usually. I bought a large it fits well. I am between a
7 3/8 and 7 1/2 hat size. And it was only $89 delivered, with a 30 day return policy from motorcycle superstore. I wish they had gloss black, but I got flat black, and that will be fine.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:14 AM
bigoil7
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RICHIEMACK
After seeing a bagger dump sunday and the skid marks on his lid i orderd the outlaw carborn fiber dot.very light but carborn hard.$99...AX300 30
Should have only been $69 plus shipping from Leatherup. ??

Old 05-04-2011, 01:56 PM
SmokinApes
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't wore a helmet in a few years but just ordered/received my Bell 500 for when I go outta state. This helmet is awesome! Fits really nice and is nice and low on your eyebrows so you don't catch any air under it. I would recommend this helmet to anyone honestly. I was looking at the Biltwell but they didn't offer an decent color schemes in the DOT. Bell 500 is a killer helmet

Old 05-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Here ya go...

Old 05-04-2011, 04:45 PM
bigoil7
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zombiequest
Here ya go...

All it's missing is the Obama/Biden sticker on the side. Too effin funny!

Old 05-04-2011, 05:57 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,895 Likes on 823 Posts

Just gave my Rockhard Silver Metal-flake a good test today...I love it. Muffles down the road noise to a nice level. Fits comfortably, although as mentioned previously you do have to work it on and off to save the skin on your ears. My glasses and over-goggles fit comfortably also. The padding is nice, and I like the padding under the chin strap also.

It's definitely a keeper.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Scootscoot
2nd Gear

Got my outlaw CF helmet in and its pretty damn snug...the first try I got it wrong and ordered the Carbon Helmet for 30dollars that was a disappointment sent it back. Now I got the CF helmet in a L (I wear a 58.7cm fitted hat) any suggestions to give me some breathing room haha...

I really don't want to send it back because I like the helmet a lot and don't feel like waiting another 9 days to get an XL one in and pay shipping and pain in my ****. Especially after screwing up once already...

Anyone have suggestions? Or know a good method to squeeze the padding in...regardless I'm probably gonna keep it even though it is a little tight. Or do you think it'll break in the more I wear it...

Old 05-04-2011, 10:58 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootscoot
Got my outlaw CF helmet in and its pretty damn snug...the first try I got it wrong and ordered the Carbon Helmet for 30dollars that was a disappointment sent it back. Now I got the CF helmet in a L (I wear a 58.7cm fitted hat) any suggestions to give me some breathing room haha...

I really don't want to send it back because I like the helmet a lot and don't feel like waiting another 9 days to get an XL one in and pay shipping and pain in my ****. Especially after screwing up once already...

Anyone have suggestions? Or know a good method to squeeze the padding in...regardless I'm probably gonna keep it even though it is a little tight. Or do you think it'll break in the more I wear it...
I had one pressure point that bothered me after riding for a couple hours. Scraped away a little of the foam in one area. Fits perfect now. Personally, I would not remove a lot of it, defeats the purpose of dot. I'd just order an xl if that were the case.

Not much padding. Dont think they break in.

Maybe order the xl before returning the L just to be sure.

Last edited by KumaRide; 05-04-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Scootscoot
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by KumaRide
I had one pressure point that bothered me after riding for a couple hours. Scraped away a little of the foam in one area. Fits perfect now. Personally, I would not remove a lot of it, defeats the purpose of dot. I'd just order an xl if that were the case.

Not much padding. Dont think they break in.

Maybe order the xl before returning the L just to be sure.
Returning it really isnt an option, already paid shipping and handling costs three times, not about to make it five. (ie; return one order another 3+2 = 5 haha.. :P)

May I ask how you trimmed the padding, used scissors I'm assuming? I might try to repeatedly hit the helmet with a baseball or something...the inside ofc..

Just really don't feel like wasting more money, plus shipping back to cali is more expensive than shipping to wear I am, stupid...

Haven't worn it for an extensive amount of time yet so I don't how much discomfort there will be...I rode for 20min or so today (it was purty cold out) and didnt even feel like I was wearing a helmet I don't know if my head was numb or the helmet was so light haha... I didn't have any red marks after taking my helmet off so I think the tightness is liveable but I'd prefer not to have it.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:46 AM
zjones
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scootscoot
Returning it really isnt an option, already paid shipping and handling costs three times, not about to make it five. (ie; return one order another 3+2 = 5 haha.. :P)

May I ask how you trimmed the padding, used scissors I'm assuming? I might try to repeatedly hit the helmet with a baseball or something...the inside ofc..

Just really don't feel like wasting more money, plus shipping back to cali is more expensive than shipping to wear I am, stupid...

Haven't worn it for an extensive amount of time yet so I don't how much discomfort there will be...I rode for 20min or so today (it was purty cold out) and didnt even feel like I was wearing a helmet I don't know if my head was numb or the helmet was so light haha... I didn't have any red marks after taking my helmet off so I think the tightness is liveable but I'd prefer not to have it.
I've had the same problem here and I think it must be the shape of my head. I measure for a large but have returned the L and the XL, 2XL is on the way. Because there is so little padding, I thought there would not be much room for "adjusting". If this one doesn't work, I'll be out 4 rounds of shipping

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?