Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 08:34 PM
PearlWhiteGT
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony P
I was ordering a fender at Jailhouse Choppers and noticed they had a Daytona helmet display. I tried on a Daytona 3/4 Cruiser and ordered it immediately! Comfortable and light weight. I didn't think it would happen, but I may send my Fulmer V2 Bobber into an early retirement.
Please post pics when you get it!

Thanks!

Old 04-27-2011, 12:34 PM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,184 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by Tartarus
Sgt Jim thanks for your service but having been in the service you should know Panzer is a German tank so saying panzer tank is like saying tank tank
Actually it's not that clean in translation...and those in the Military do have a history of saying "panzer tank"..and it's actually not redundant when that term is used in another language.

The German word "Panzer" means "armor"...and it can refer to ANY type of armor, even something like body armor, or glass armor, whatever. It is not specific to what we call tanks. It didn't even start out as a word for a tank or military vehicle.

In typical German fashion, they borrowed that work and combined it with "kampfwagen", to be combined into the word "panzerkampfwagen"...to mean "armored combat vehicle". And the Germans actually had at least several other words that were commonly used to refer to what we call "tanks"...such as a very long word starting with "schutzengrab...."..and I'm forgetting a whole bunch of letters in the middle..but it ended in "...automobile".

During WWII Hitler had several "panzer" models made, and they were commonly referred to as "Panzers"...such as the Panzer 1, Panzer 2, Panzer 4, etc. But they also had some model tanks which did not use the word "panzer" in their name, such as the Tiger, or Panther.

So saying "panzer tank" does not literally translate into English to mean "tank tank"...as panzer was really used more to designate some specific models.

Last edited by YeOldeStonecat; 04-27-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:49 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

face!!!!!!

lol

Old 04-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
face!!!!!!

lol

Old 04-27-2011, 02:15 PM
HEMI Army
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ATM Machine, PIN Number...
I love lamp...

Old 04-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Tartarus
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the Formal German lesson

The tiger is a heavy panzer
and the panther is a medium panzer (Panzerkampfwagen)

Last edited by Tartarus; 04-27-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:05 PM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain

Speaking of low profile helmets, I received an email from Harley the other day with a pic of a few riders with what appeared to be turtle shells on their heads. I had a Flintstones flashback!

Last edited by watchluvr4ever; 04-27-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:05 PM
MGN54
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rockhard

Been following the comments on the Rockhard helmet. Been riding with a full face but want to try a 3/4 and I think I want to go with the Rockhard. How are they in the heat? I live in Texas. Country is the liner around the forehead leather? Does it wick perspiration like a coolmax liner would? Don't want to start a helmet collection so I want to get it right. LOL

Other option would be a 1/2 helmet but don't like what I'm reading with them lifting in the wind. Is that just an issue with fit or brand or is it the way it is with a 1/2? Need a little guidance here. Saw some 1/2 Fulmers at my indy and tried a couple on but couldn't decide if I wanted to chunk $60 at an experiment!

TIA!!

Old 04-27-2011, 11:54 PM
BudCle
Intermediate

I use to live in Texas, seemed like I was always switching helmets depending on the season...

Winter, Spring (hot), Summer (beyond hot), Fall (comfortable)

Old 04-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Tartarus
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in NM it has not been hot yet but the lining is a nice comfy wicking material that i am sure would be good in the heat

Name:  DSCN0175.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  172.7 KB

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?