Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Fabrikator
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Qdraw
Hmmm... I dont know, but I will tell ya, the pic I posted above sure feels pretty low profile to me. Best fit I have found so far.

I 2nd that.. check out the pics of mine on pg 24 of this thread

Old 04-21-2011, 03:47 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! I started this thread from the beginning and now I'm really undecided. I hate ordering things off the internet without trying it out. Thanks guys! I guess I have to start this thread over again.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CHGO5OH
Wow! I started this thread from the beginning and now I'm really undecided. I hate ordering things off the internet without trying it out. Thanks guys! I guess I have to start this thread over again.
Took me 3 tries via the internet to get a helmet i liked..

started with a SkidLid Naked in a size Large and it just didn't fit right and was pretty tall on my head

Next went with a Bell 500 in a medium and it just wasn't comfortable.. padding was rather firm and it made my head itch..

Finally went with the RockHard American Classic in a Large and it's extraordinarily comfortable and fits perfectly..

I still have the Lick's NovDot ordered, but only because I haven't been able to make contact with them to cancel it.. i'm quite content with my RockHard that I don't care how low or small or whatever the NovDot is, I want to keep my RockHard..

anywho, long story short..it's all trial and error on the internet.. some places will reimburse you for return shipping too..

Old 04-21-2011, 11:06 AM
moog5050
Tourer

I just received my outlaw in carbon fiber. I had to shave a bit of the foam inside for it to fit comfortably, but it is very low profile, at least compared to my HD 1/2 helmet. When we compared the two side by side, my wife laughed when I put on the HD helmet. Never ahd a novelty helemet, but the outlaw is small, even at 2x.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:24 AM
SJ58
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With a XL sized head, everything I've tried on looks weird. I used to have a full face helmet, but man that thing was like an oven in the summer heat. I also didn't like the tunnel vision. Kept the bugs and debris off the face though.

I have two half helmets that are comfortable, but still look strange. I don't care though

Old 04-21-2011, 12:06 PM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

FYI, I sent Lick's an e-mail to cancel my NovDot order, and they cancelled it and refunded my money to Paypal in the same day, within hours...

Old 04-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by plutnicki
FYI, I sent Lick's an e-mail to cancel my NovDot order, and they cancelled it and refunded my money to Paypal in the same day, within hours...
wtf..they're avoiding me something fierce then.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:01 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,895 Likes on 823 Posts

Same here, they issued the credit the same day I canceled the order. It did take a few more days to hit my account though.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

tried one more email and someone responded (via an iPhone no less) and told me they'd process the refund. hot damn.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:42 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

Saw an ad for AFX helmets. Anybody try the FX-72. Looks great but wonder about the profile.

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?