Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 03:30 PM
bucholj
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I got my Rockhard today. Took 7days (5 Business) to get here from leatherup.com. Quality wise, it is hands down the winner of all my helmets. I sent back my Bell 500, but I plan to keep this one. I have attached some comparison pics. In the pics there is a Z1R, Rockhard, Daytona, and an HJC. The Daytona looks to be just a bit smaller, but my problem with that helmet is it feels like I am wearing an empty shell and most of the time on long rides I would still put in ear plugs which defeats the purpose of a 3/4. The rockhard is well worth the $72 I paid it and will become my primary helmet now.

Attached Thumbnails Low profile dot helmet?-helmets.jpg   Low profile dot helmet?-2-helmets.jpg   Low profile dot helmet?-inside-helmets.jpg   Low profile dot helmet?-together-helmets.jpg  
Old 04-07-2011, 06:19 PM
SFTL 1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by turkey
Here are pics of the Rockhard with bubble shield and the carbon outlaw ax300 series The rockhard is a large and the outlaw is XL the pic with no helmet is to show how big my huge noggin looks with no lid (plus the rangers are 6-0 and I like to brag)
For a DOT helmet, I think the Rockhard looks good. As far as the bubble shield goes, I would only break that out if you find yourself auditioning as an extra in some sci-fi thriller...

Old 04-07-2011, 08:03 PM
turkey
Cruiser

That's funny the first time the wife saw it she ask if I was going to the moon. I wear it when I know there will be bugs or on long rides. It's really handy since I don't have a windshield, plus I don't think it looks bad, but everyone else says I look like an alien (poking fun at myself with the Marvin the martIan decal) the outlaw is the smallest half dot I've ever seen though

Last edited by turkey; 04-07-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:26 PM
SkyKeeper
Intermediate

Here are some pics of the Licks NOVDOT. I'm rolling w/ the XL, my head measures right around 23 1/2". I'm happy w/ it so far although I haven't put any long days in w/ it yet. The biggest difference besides just the smaller size over my other DOT 3/4 helmet is the difference in weight. The NOVDOT weighs in at 1lb 14oz, where my other DOT was 2lb 7oz. 9oz doesn't sound like a lot... but it is! It has a very comfortable snug fit that seems to stay on tight even w/ 70+ speeds in very windy conditions.

Low profile dot helmet?-edit1.jpg Low profile dot helmet?-edit2.jpg Low profile dot helmet?-edit3.jpg

Old 04-08-2011, 03:10 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by SkyKeeper
Here are some pics of the Licks NOVDOT. I'm rolling w/ the XL, my head measures right around 23 1/2". I'm happy w/ it so far although I haven't put any long days in w/ it yet. The biggest difference besides just the smaller size over my other DOT 3/4 helmet is the difference in weight. The NOVDOT weighs in at 1lb 14oz, where my other DOT was 2lb 7oz. 9oz doesn't sound like a lot... but it is! It has a very comfortable snug fit that seems to stay on tight even w/ 70+ speeds in very windy conditions.

Attachment 178156 Attachment 178158 Attachment 178159
Thanks for sharing the pics. Not bad. Glad I went with an Outlaw.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:53 AM
Fabrikator
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

id love to see a comparison of the rockhard and the licks novdot.

Does someone have pics wearing the rockhard?

Skykeeper do you mind posting a few pics of the inside of the Licks Novdot so we can compare padding size.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:23 AM
SkyKeeper
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fabrikator
id love to see a comparison of the rockhard and the licks novdot.

Does someone have pics wearing the rockhard?

Skykeeper do you mind posting a few pics of the inside of the Licks Novdot so we can compare padding size.
There are some pics of the Rockhard on pg 17, 18 and 22 in this post. I'll try and get some pics of the padding when I get home today... the Rockhard definitely looks pimp w/ the leather on the inside though.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:33 PM
SkyKeeper
Intermediate

Here are some pics of the padding on the Lick's.

Low profile dot helmet?-edit1.jpgLow profile dot helmet?-edit2.jpg

Old 04-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So i got to go ride today and wear my RockHard for the first time.. the padding is insanely comfortable.. the only problem i have is that at low speeds the sound of my pipes reverberates throughout the ear area.. but no wind gets in my ears.. other than that it's great

Old 04-09-2011, 09:03 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KumaRide
Thanks for sharing the pics. Not bad. Glad I went with an Outlaw.
Kuma go on ebay and search for our outlaw helmets... they're trying to sell them for 500 bucks... no joke brah... lol I might just sell the wifes... lmao

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?