Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 09:11 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zjones
I would say you should be good with this sizing. I ordered the Outlaw in L per the sizing chart and it went back to Leatherup - way too small. I have the Rockhard in XL and it's a good fit for me. So much of this depends on the shape of your head...I tried on a vega this weekend and it was the most comfortable helmet ever - the perfect shape. You'll love the Rockhard....
the shape of my melon is why I went up to an XL. I can't wait for it to get here, I have a big run this weekend, with about a 2 hour ride to get to the start point. I was hoping to get it in time to try it out then, but I haven't even gotten a tracking number from leatherup yet...boo

Old 03-29-2011, 09:16 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Dude that sucks about the waiting time, that would be a good long ride to get it broke in.
When I was riding earlier with mine, people would just look. LMAO. Love it, had on my chucks and my new helmet, love when people take a second look.
OLD SCHOOL ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2011, 10:56 PM
streetg
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver RockHard

Here it is, my silver flake RockHard 3/4. This is the most comfortable helmet I've ever had and the fit is just right (RockHard sizing chart is true to size). I get alot of compliments on it everywhere I go, from the looks to the fit and finish. Check out the flake, it's not as big as some flakes you see.

Attached Thumbnails Low profile dot helmet?-img_0117.jpg   Low profile dot helmet?-img_0119.jpg   Low profile dot helmet?-img_0120.jpg   Low profile dot helmet?-img_0123.jpg  
Old 03-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Fabrikator
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought a skull cap from a local HD tuning shop (Jarz in Abbotsford, BC) a friend told me they had some of the smallest DOT helmets hes seen, I have no idea what brand they are as it doesn't say it anywhere on it, but I took some pics for you guys to compare sizing.

here is their website if anyone wants to contact them. http://www.jarzperformance.com/

it also doesnt have that fat straping Im not a fan of.

btw, a Canadian penny is the same size as an American one

Attached Thumbnails Low profile dot helmet?-img-20110329-00089.jpg   Low profile dot helmet?-img-20110329-00090.jpg   Low profile dot helmet?-img-20110329-00091.jpg   Low profile dot helmet?-img-20110329-00092.jpg  
Old 03-29-2011, 11:10 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Fabrikator, and streetg, Cmon guys lets see you wearing them, especially fabrikator. That looks like a small helmet. Pics on Head would be good. I looked at that link and couldnt find anything about helmets on the link.

Cmon, street post some pics with it on your head. Love the Flake, I almost bought the same one, instead decided on the Matte black. I agree, I love my Rockhard.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:32 AM
Fabrikator
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryDeluxe
Fabrikator, and streetg, Cmon guys lets see you wearing them, especially fabrikator. That looks like a small helmet. Pics on Head would be good. I looked at that link and couldnt find anything about helmets on the link.

Cmon, street post some pics with it on your head. Love the Flake, I almost bought the same one, instead decided on the Matte black. I agree, I love my Rockhard.
LOL, ill take a couple pics tomorrow.

Yea they dont have much about the products they stock on the site, But I can go back and try to find out the brand, or at least some kinda name, if anyone wants to call them up and order.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:06 AM
Tartarus
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright you guys sold me on the Rockhard. just made my order for the SilverFlake

Old 03-30-2011, 09:28 AM
SFTL 1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CountryDeluxe
Ok I took some more pics, the side view of the helmet and one of the Front sticker up close. You can tell from the side how far the Helmet comes down to the Eye Brow. Im very pleased. Gonna get a licks and prob the Silver Flake Rockhard also. Plus, its DOT certified. Thats what sold me..
CD, your Rockhard looks great, have you worn other 3/4 DOT helmets and if so, how do they compare to the Rockhard in fit & comfort?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:31 AM
SFTL 1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by streetg
Here it is, my silver flake RockHard 3/4. This is the most comfortable helmet I've ever had and the fit is just right (RockHard sizing chart is true to size). I get alot of compliments on it everywhere I go, from the looks to the fit and finish. Check out the flake, it's not as big as some flakes you see.
Street, what does your head measure and what size did you get in the Rockhard?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:50 AM
lghtngblt02
Advanced

So I been hunting for an XL Outlaw AX and I can't find any in stock. I have checked out leatherup and a couple other sites and they seam to say out of stock or I cant find an XL. Do you guys have any suggestions or places where they have some in stock? I have emailed leatherup and its been over a week without a reply. I havent had a chance to call em.

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?