Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:13 PM
purecountry13b
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here, want to order matte black, out of stock in small. Do ya'll think the size chart is spot on, or what? may have to choose a color one.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:25 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Some have said that they ordered from the size chart and the helmet was to small for me I landed right between a med and large went with the large and glad I did... fits perfect. I'm talking about the outlaw carbon fiber helmet.

CountryD... the rock hard looks good man!!! Glad you like it... We don't have a helmet law here in Hawaii but I work on base and that's where the DOT helmet comes in. If not I rock a Biltwell sometimes, cause it's all about the old school flavor... lol

Old 03-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Tartarus
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I think I am going to need a medium taken a couple measurements and they a coming up around 22 1/8 to 3/8 and some of the reviews said they are a bit tight for upper region of the sizes.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Youngneg
Tourer

great info country.....thanks for taking the time to post the pics....helmets cool looking man

Old 03-29-2011, 06:42 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Tartarus I thnk a Medium would fit perfect. I looked up the chart based on your head size and it falls rite in the medium size. JMHO

Old 03-29-2011, 07:40 PM
alika808
Tourer

Country that helmet looks sick bro. after riding on the hwy in cali ive decided to get a 3/4 and i think i have found my next purchase thanks for all the info bro

Old 03-29-2011, 08:38 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when I took my measurement for the Outlaw, it came up as a Large, and that didn't work. When I ordered the Rockhard, I was on the upper side of the Large, so I went with an XL based on the experience with the Outlaw. I am really hoping I didn't goof and that if the XL does fit, it doesn't look huge. CountryDeluxe, that one fits you perfect...

Old 03-29-2011, 08:51 PM
zjones
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brettnbama
when I took my measurement for the Outlaw, it came up as a Large, and that didn't work. When I ordered the Rockhard, I was on the upper side of the Large, so I went with an XL based on the experience with the Outlaw. I am really hoping I didn't goof and that if the XL does fit, it doesn't look huge.
CountryDeluxe, that one fits you
perfect...
I would say you should be good with this sizing. I ordered the Outlaw in L per the sizing chart and it went back to Leatherup - way too small. I have the Rockhard in XL and it's a good fit for me. So much of this depends on the shape of your head...I tried on a vega this weekend and it was the most comfortable helmet ever - the perfect shape. You'll love the Rockhard....

Old 03-29-2011, 08:59 PM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm measuring around 23", which I think is a Medium in the Rockhard and the Large in a NovDot from Licks. My head's sorta oval shaped though, I wonder if I should try a Large Rockhard...

Old 03-29-2011, 09:09 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Plutnicki, I measured at 23 3/8 maybe a tad over, and the large is a snug fit. My head is also oval shaped too. I think a Medium would be the correct size, based on the one I got.
The fit and size is rite on.
Brett, I think the size of the helmet is gonna depend if you have a oval shaped head. If you head is long, instead of round I think you'll be happy. But if its round it may look too big.
Thats the reason I want a Licks also, is they use 4 shell sizes. But, the large I got doesnt look big, But Im also tall as hell too, Im gonna get another Rockhard also, I want the silver flake one. That thing is gonna be Sick, the inside of the silver one is sweet.

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?