Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:53 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by poppavein
Is it amateur night at the local strip club?
I don't know, is it amateur night at the comedy club too?

Old 03-26-2011, 09:05 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
I don't know, is it amateur night at the comedy club too?
Hey Brett, even though the one in your sig pic is not DOT, is it biult well? Do you feel it would protect as well as a DOT or no? I ask because I live in Texas and we have the no helmet law (I don't wear one all the time) and I really like the looks of that one. Where did you get it bro?

Old 03-26-2011, 09:17 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Jim,

HELL NO!! lol, it is flimsy and light. It is a Voss novelty helmet. I got it here at one of the indy shops, I think you can find them on ebay too. I have absolutely no misguided idea that this helmet will keep me from getting hurt, but it keeps the cops off me in Alabama. I don't even think the straps would stay on it if I went down....

Old 03-26-2011, 09:20 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
Jim,

HELL NO!! lol, it is flimsy and light. It is a Voss novelty helmet. I got it here at one of the indy shops, I think you can find them on ebay too. I have absolutely no misguided idea that this helmet will keep me from getting hurt, but it keeps the cops off me in Alabama. I don't even think the straps would stay on it if I went down....
Lol, Damn! I knew that lid was too good to be true. Anyway thanks bro.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:35 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey goober, Check out Rock hard 3/4 also. They look damn good. From what Ive heard from licks, they wont be available til June, That sucks. So, I may just go with a Bell, or a Rock hard, and gonna prob let Brett do some artwork to mine. Then get a licks 3/4 in the future.
Just a heads up, dont get stopped in Tn. Somebody said their state fine was $25.
NOT IN TN. damn trooper gave me $140 ticket. And said the state was gonna start cracking down on non-dot helmets. But, if you do get a ticket you can take it to court and as long as you have a DOT approved helmet, you can get out of that ticket. But still it puts a dent in your day, when you get a Damn helmet ticket. Also, know in GA they set up road side helmet checks. Buddy of mine went through 2 last weekend.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:13 PM
gooberdog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I figure it's just a matter of time before I get caught because I sometimes go into Ga too. I've been looking at the Rockhard & Fulmer V2 also, just haven't made up my mind yet.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:19 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Goober, a buddy of mine has a fulmer and its BIG. Sits way up on the head. JMHO, stay away from the Fulmer. Unless you want the Vader look. I want my head to fit into the helmet, and not just sit up there.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:42 PM
gooberdog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryDeluxe
Goober, a buddy of mine has a fulmer and its BIG. Sits way up on the head. JMHO, stay away from the Fulmer. Unless you want the Vader look. I want my head to fit into the helmet, and not just sit up there.
I'm kinda leaning towards a Rockhard, I just wish they made it in Black flake like Bell does. I can always send it back if I need too. Whatever I buy I'll post some pics of it.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:09 PM
tattoofever
Tourer

Originally Posted by tattoofever
I have the dot carbon fiber helmet looks great not a mushroom style at all it was a bit pricey but very happy with it plus they have nice color choices

so after posting this i tryed to find the site to post a link and it appears they are no longer around i guess there dot helmets where proven to
be not dot ? all these years ive been driving around thinking ( and bragging) that my small helmet was dot ,does anybody know why they where determined to be non dot conplient?

Old 03-27-2011, 12:18 PM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a Skid Lid myself but the problem is the size of my head. Got a small head and any helmet I wear looks goofy. Tried quite a few different helmets and the Skid Lid was the least goofy looking one.

Texas does have a helmet law BUT you either have to have taken the motorcycle safety class or your medical coverage on your insurance has to be a certain amount. Don't know all the exact numbers. You can ride without if you have the proper insurance and have taken the MSF class.

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?