Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile dot helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tartarus
Sgt Jim thanks for your service but having been in the service you should know Panzer is a German tank so saying panzer tank is like saying tank tank

I am looking for a 3/4 I want a licks but want to get metalflake and they said it will be awhile

I need a helmet that doesn't act like a parachute going down the highway like DB said.
1) thanks
2) really? i get that a panzer is a tank, and that some think saying Panzer tank is like saying tank tank.. but when you ever watch the history channel or WWII documentaries or any war documentary it's always "Panzer Tank", "Sherman Tank", "M1A1 Abrams tank".. or even "LAV Assault Vehicle"..thats like saying Light Assault Vehicle Assault Vehice.. so i get what you're saying, but it's really all the same as long as the point is across. plus, i dont know anyone on here or their wealth of knowledge of WWII German tanks.. so if i just said Panzer..someone might actually go "Huh?"..

3) Idk if i want to order a Rockhard in Large, or wait until the Medium's come back into stock.. so far i've tried two brands of helmet (HCI 110, and a SkidLid Naked Shorty) in a large, and both have been slightly bigger than i needed, even though the sizing charts show me as a large.. tough decisions..

Old 03-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Tartarus
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The difference is in German panzer means tank so your example of the Sherman tank and Abrams tank does not apply because that is the proper way to say them.

Its not really a problem but why feed the ignorance if someone doesn't know what it means google is only a click away

Old 03-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

see there, i didnt know that in German "Panzer" meant tank.. i thought you were referring to me saying Panzer Tank as inferring that a Panzer is a tank, therefore saying Panzer tank is syaing Tank Tank.. not the literal version of the German word. So now I understand your meaning, but we're not speaking German here, we do english, (heh, sort of.) so lets not feed the troll here..

and anywho.. the RockHard comes in a silver flake i believe.. and although it looks good, i prefer a gloss black.. but if you haven't seen it, maybe that will spark your interest

Old 03-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Tartarus
Road Warrior

haha yeah the silver flake does look good do you know how it fits compared to the V2 or 500 series? I was about to get the orange v2 until I saw the licks. I emailed licks and they say they will have a metalflake out eventually, so hopefully soon, I asked him for a timeline but have not heard back yet.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

i personally have no experience with them, or 3/4 helmets at all.. i'm getting one because i see more and more of them and really like that retro look to them.. people on here say the RockHard sits lower than the Bell, but i think has more wind going to the ears? dont quote me on the last part of that.. there's this image from Biltwell's site that has a comparison between theirs, the V2, and the 500.. so i mean if you find a comparison between the RockHard/bell or RockHard/V2 you'll probably have your answer.. again, when a RockHard Matte medium comes into stock, ill be buying that one too, and returning the one I don't care for..

http://www.biltwellinc.com/images/Bi...r_and-Bell.jpg

(not importing the picture because it's effing huge.)

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 03-25-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Tartarus
Road Warrior

If you are wanting matte black check out the novadot from licks it lighter then all the above posted and comes in black http://www.lickscycles.com/catalog/d...ae4sgat8k0ilg4

Old 03-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

yeah i've checked those out.. but i dont know when they'll be available, since it's only pre-order for the next batch, ya know? though likewise i dont know when the next batch of RockHard's in my size will be available either

Old 03-25-2011, 07:49 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,895 Likes on 823 Posts

Hey Sarge,
The "Lick's" site has a photo comparison of the Fulmer, Biltwell, Bell and their own NovDOT...

Old 03-26-2011, 12:48 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Got my Outlaw tonight, yep doesn't fit. I measured 59 and the L is 59-60. It's too snug front/back, not sides. I can't even get it down on my noggin. Nice lid though. Either will send it back for an XL, or just try to find something locally to replace my novelty. (or pound the **** out of the foam in the front/back)

Old 03-26-2011, 04:03 PM
ksdrknite
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There is hope!!! Dont discard!!!

Got my Outlaw helmet on fri. Large size too. I saw how small it was and was really suprised and worried it wouldnt fit. I put it on and it was really snug, especially up front. I took it out to the garage and layed it down on a mat and used a wood bat to smash the padding a little here and there. The small piece of padding, at the crown comes out ,held in with velcro, and the rest around the head folds out. After some coaxing, and trail fitting, I got it to fit pretty good. Love the look compared to my Vega, which is a really good helmet and I will still keep. Ill post some pics soon as soon as I can figure that part out.

Quick Reply: Low profile dot helmet?