Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mechanic says Power Commanders are nothing but trouble!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 03:24 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jd Swiper
Hey guys, just got off the phone with a mechanic my father has been useing for years and who has almost 30 years in the business. I called to tell him about the parts I purchased and wanted to install. Set of big radius pipes and power commander 3 usb and he told me he's seen nothing but problems with them and doesn't reccomend installing them but just useing the Harley download instead. He also said he was the first one in this area a while back installing and advertising power commanders but said they are to touchy with the adverse weather and climates in the North East and that everyone that has come in with bikes running like crap was because of the power commander. I mean he said he will install it if I want just doesn't reccomend it

What are your thoughts???????????????
I have a power comander on both my harley and my mountain sled(snow mobile). no problems on either one. In fact I run an auto tuner on my sled and then download the program on to my pcv. runs great.
Stone

Old 03-08-2011, 03:25 PM
TheNameIs"B"
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problems here. PC is a great product.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:27 PM
tracey87
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

That may have been true at one time when they used vampire clips. They are pretty reliable now. The new power vision, just flashes the ecu and is not installed, so there is nothing to break down.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PCV with big sucker stage one and V&H BSS's.. downloaded the closest map i could right off of PC's website, loaded it to the module without a problem, plugged her in and with the exception of the ssslightest decel popping in only 1st gear, she runs like a champ, and that's in Jersey where we actually get all 4 seasons per year..

Old 03-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Jd Swiper
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did any of you guys notice a difference after installing the Power Commander?? Did the bike run better or was it more responsive or anything?

Old 03-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

not really more responsive, but i never jump on the gas or anything anyways.. but all the decel popping (except again for 1st gear, mildly) went away, which means it IS doing something

Old 03-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Any fuel management is just going to adjust air/fuel ratio and timing in order for the bike to run properly. Personally....I don't think it matters what kind of fuel management you use....it the person that makes the map or tunes it. Fuelmoto is known for Power Commander Tuning....and there are awesome Dyno tuners. I'd look into who not what!

Old 03-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
Any fuel management is just going to adjust air/fuel ratio and timing in order for the bike to run properly. Personally....I don't think it matters what kind of fuel management you use....it the person that makes the map or tunes it. Fuelmoto is known for Power Commander Tuning....and there are awesome Dyno tuners. I'd look into who not what!
if you buy a PC through Fuel Moto, you can email them your intake/exhaust/engine setup and they'll email you back a map built for your bike, which itself is pretty cool

Old 03-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Jallie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PowerCommander is a great add-on

specially when you change your airfilter & pipes too ...

I've got mine for 10 years on the same bike , without any problem at all
&
I live in a tropical climat , very rainny and warm

Old 03-08-2011, 04:49 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior

Hogwash I say.

Two different PC's on two different bikes in 7 years also and no problems whatsoever.

Quick Reply: Mechanic says Power Commanders are nothing but trouble!!