Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Took Delivery of my blue 08 Rocker C...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011 | 04:32 AM
Reb DEATH
|
Cruiser
Default Finally Took Delivery of my blue 08 Rocker C...

Too bad I am flying back to the States for a few weeks and won't be able to do anything with her. It is still burr butt cold here in Germany, but the sun is finally out and it stays light longer than 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.

She only has 1,040 miles on her. I already have a Danny Gray ready to put on with gel and a black Iron Cross. Now I gotta remove the decals the previous owner put on it and throw on a set of Santee High Narrow Bonanza II's. I was also considering the RSD Short Stacks or Vintage bars. I have to research risers though.

I only get 15 inches from the bottom of the grip to the seat when I go back to Ohio. After reading the material in the handbook, it doesn't specify where on the grip and where on the seat. So, if they go lowest point then I'll fight it. I'll go bottom of the grip to the front of the seat.

My goal is to get it stripped down to the natural metal, paint the frame black, raise the gas tank about an inch in the front, and make it look like the Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man bike. Within reason of course. I am not copying the logo's or anything. I need a cool design to put on the side.

I am also trying to see how it would be to leave the frame and oil tank blue and strip the gas tank, and fenders down to the metal. That might work too and make it a little different from a standard black bike.

Also coming are Arlen Ness billet knurled flair tip grips and pegs, because you have to have some traction to hold on to in the cool moisture here. And, I am removing the passenger pegs.

I actually couldn't sleep last night and I had a PT test this morning. It's all good though. At 41 I can still max it out, but it ain't easy anymore...lmao. I'm always sore.

Old 03-04-2011 | 06:46 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Good Luck with the bike.Sounds like you have a nice plan for it.Thanks for your service.Pics when you are done.

Old 03-04-2011 | 06:51 AM
Reb DEATH
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Malingerer
Good Luck with the bike.Sounds like you have a nice plan for it.Thanks for your service.Pics when you are done.
Thanks much Brother. I really appreciate your words. It means a lot. Take care and I'll definately post picks.

Old 03-04-2011 | 06:57 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member

Yes sir, thank you on behalf of my family. Anxious to see what you come up with on your new ride. Enjoy!

Old 03-04-2011 | 07:51 AM
rockerz
Road Master

Congrats on the bike. Keep us updated with pics.

Old 03-04-2011 | 02:11 PM
Reb DEATH
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rockerz
Congrats on the bike. Keep us updated with pics.
Hey bro...can you shed some light on the tank lift kit? Thanks!

Old 03-14-2011 | 01:27 PM
pcoakle1
Intermediate

rockerz:
Just got back from Daytona Bike week. Put 300 miles on my '08 rocker & by time I got home @ss was miserable. Did that Danny Gray seat make a big difference? I had a Seat pad that I thought would help, but didn't. Also, what is leatherworks bag? Don't see one on your bike pic..

Old 03-14-2011 | 01:55 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rip DEATH
Hey bro...can you shed some light on the tank lift kit? Thanks!
I got a 2" off ebay that I need to paint to match my tank. It came powder coated black. The kits come with a longer crossover line incase it's needed. Stock mounted turnsignals will not clear the tank with a lift kit on the Rocker.

Originally Posted by pcoakle1
rockerz:
Just got back from Daytona Bike week. Put 300 miles on my '08 rocker & by time I got home @ss was miserable. Did that Danny Gray seat make a big difference? I had a Seat pad that I thought would help, but didn't. Also, what is leatherworks bag? Don't see one on your bike pic..
3" Leather Works solo bag. They also make a 5" wide one. Drew from DR. VTWIN can get you a savings. Just PM him about the price on the 3" and 5" bags.

Old 03-14-2011 | 05:01 PM
LACOUNTRYHICK
Tourer

Welcome to the Rocker C family. With all your other mods don't forget about new exhaust, a/c, and fuel pak or power commmander.

Old 03-15-2011 | 01:18 PM
lazyboy09
Tourer

Originally Posted by pcoakle1
rockerz:
The Danny Gray seat was probably the best investment I made on this bike. Trust me, your a$$ with thank you! LOL! 300 miles will be no big deal. I do it all the time. Make sure to get the gel insert!