Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:45 PM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harley Service

Wow, they are expensive. Got my Samson true duals yesterday from DrVtwin. After looking at all the parts freaked me out a little bit. So for grins I called my local HD dealer they want 3 1/2 hours to install my exhaust 311 dollars. F that mess.

So will be calling on the help of the resourceful folks here this weekend. It will be fun tearing apart my 2 week old bike. Just hope I can get it back together. haha

Old 03-02-2011, 12:50 PM
JPL
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck! After getting robbed by dealers I finally decided this year I am going to start doing all the modifications myself. I will also be counting on all you guys for help! If anyone ever needs a hand around the Miami area let me know! eager to learn and start doing everything on my own!

Old 03-02-2011, 12:53 PM
LFTD1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not bad...Im no mechanic and do all of the wrenching on my bike. Just be sure to pick up a service manual. It will do wonders when working on your bike.

The duals were my first mod as well.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:03 PM
SMF
Banned

Bro its easy to install fishtails, but remember to use a tq wrench and lock tite and your golden bro, f.y.i dont torque anythign down until you have the mufflers nice and straight.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBBEREVO88
Bro its easy to install fishtails, but remember to use a tq wrench and lock tite and your golden bro, f.y.i dont torque anythign down until you have the mufflers nice and straight.
Yeah that ^^^

I thought changing my pipes was going to be a hassle, and although they're not duals like you're looking at, overall it was incredibly simple to do. Of course, I picked a day last summer when it was 114*F outside to do it.. my wrenches got so hot that i burned the palm of my hand... I think I spent more time moving the bike around to follow the shade than actually doing work..

Old 03-02-2011, 01:33 PM
KeeBee
Road Master

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Yeah that ^^^

I thought changing my pipes was going to be a hassle, and although they're not duals like you're looking at, overall it was incredibly simple to do. Of course, I picked a day last summer when it was 114*F outside to do it.. my wrenches got so hot that i burned the palm of my hand... I think I spent more time moving the bike around to follow the shade than actually doing work..
haha it will be boiling hot here in Texas in a couple of months. Trying to knock this out before it gets crazy hot outside.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:34 PM
KeeBee
Road Master

btw thx for the responses. I will just have to figure out how the clamps go. 2 pictures in the directions are pretty terrible.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KeeBee
btw thx for the responses. I will just have to figure out how the clamps go. 2 pictures in the directions are pretty terrible.
Please do not forget that we back our product 100% and if you have any issues, no matter how small, we at Samson are here to help.
Happy Riding,
JR / SAMSON 888-5-SAMSON www.samsonusa.com

Old 03-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Originally Posted by KeeBee
2 pictures in the directions are pretty terrible.
Originally Posted by Samson_tech
we at Samson are here to help.
I see this a lot, horrible pictures in the instructions (no experience with Samson, but lots of others). Speaking for KeeBee here if I may, it might be helpful to send him some better pics. Just sayin'!

Old 03-02-2011, 02:03 PM
KeeBee
Road Master

Originally Posted by Samson_tech
Please do not forget that we back our product 100% and if you have any issues, no matter how small, we at Samson are here to help.
Happy Riding,
JR / SAMSON 888-5-SAMSON www.samsonusa.com
Thank you might be giving you a call. The pictures in Figure A and B are very fuzzy. But the step by step seems to be pretty good.

Quick Reply: Harley Service