Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Swilkins
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to get a tuner (PCIII) when I put the duals on my Heritage. Don't run it if the engine light stays on after the exhaust change

Old 03-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Grizzwood
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It seems each HD dealer has their good and bad traits, there's one that I won't go back to.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:38 PM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Swilkins
I had to get a tuner (PCIII) when I put the duals on my Heritage. Don't run it if the engine light stays on after the exhaust change
Will a V&H fuel pack do the same thing? Hoping my engine light doesn't come on after the swap. Will it cause damage to my engine if I run it with the new exhaust with the light on?

Was hoping to get a tuner later since that is another few $$$. Trying to wait a couple months just dropped quite a bit of cash already in mods. hehe. Wife is going to start asking questions.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:28 PM
cpiad
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JPL
Good luck! After getting robbed by dealers I finally decided this year I am going to start doing all the modifications myself. I will also be counting on all you guys for help! If anyone ever needs a hand around the Miami area let me know! eager to learn and start doing everything on my own!
I'm on the other side of the "Alley" just south of Sarasota.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:32 PM
billsantos
Cruiser

Originally Posted by KeeBee
Wow, they are expensive. Got my Samson true duals yesterday from DrVtwin. After looking at all the parts freaked me out a little bit. So for grins I called my local HD dealer they want 3 1/2 hours to install my exhaust 311 dollars. F that mess.

So will be calling on the help of the resourceful folks here this weekend. It will be fun tearing apart my 2 week old bike. Just hope I can get it back together. haha
KeeBee, watta ya gonna do ? Mines a month old. Stopped at my dealer today to look for something and he see's my v & H slip ons and V & H intake..tells me i need re-map and I say I've got the V & H Fuel pac..Bout throws a hissy fit. Tells me slip on's are fine but with the intake and Fuel Pac, they will not honor my warranty..Especially cause of the the Fuel Pac.. says I could burn a valve. Then i got pissed and said that's only cause you guys want to sell me a SE stage one kit and load up some stock HD re-map at another grand or more..don't even have a dyno..Got me by the *****..I'm gonna take off the intake & FP till the figgin warrenty runs out I guess... I'd check what is exceptable with your dealer.. I know it's just a rip by them, but I need that warranty coverage for now.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor

It is illegal for any dealer or manufacturer of the bike (like Harley) to void a warranty because of changing pipes. this is an old law since Ford wanted all ford buyers wanted all their customers to buy Ford oil for oil changes or their warranty would be voided. it was determined in court that if Ford supplied the oil for free then and only then could they enforce the use of only ford oil. this applies to exhaust on a motorcycle. the warranty will not be voided with any aftermarket exhaust. Harley already sells their own aftermarket exhaust so it seems kind of one sided for them to sell only Harley aftermarket exhaust. personally my experience is that most dealers install aftermarket pipes all the time and tune the bike properly and everyone is happy. there is no need to be afraid to show your dealer your new pipes. they may want to help tune it for you.
thank you,
JR

Old 03-07-2011, 01:03 PM
KeeBee
Road Master

I just got the pipes on it and the Shotgun shock no way they are voiding my warranty. I got the exhaust on but have an exhaust leak. Took it off and on 3 times still have the leak. Even replaced the gaskets. Dealer said he would charge me 2 hours to fix it. He just has to mess with the left side. The right side doesn't leak at all. Saved an hour and a half I guess. Just don't want to hose up my bike.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:29 PM
cpiad
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BOBBEREVO88
Bro its easy to install fishtails, but remember to use a tq wrench and lock tite and your golden bro, f.y.i dont torque anythign down until you have the mufflers nice and straight.
Plus one....... use locktite red.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:35 PM
TheNameIs"B"
Tourer

Where it bolts to the head? I check mine frequently and they usually take a turn.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:42 PM
cpiad
Account Closed

Originally Posted by billsantos
KeeBee, watta ya gonna do ? Mines a month old. Stopped at my dealer today to look for something and he see's my v & H slip ons and V & H intake..tells me i need re-map and I say I've got the V & H Fuel pac..Bout throws a hissy fit. Tells me slip on's are fine but with the intake and Fuel Pac, they will not honor my warranty..Especially cause of the the Fuel Pac.. says I could burn a valve. Then i got pissed and said that's only cause you guys want to sell me a SE stage one kit and load up some stock HD re-map at another grand or more..don't even have a dyno..Got me by the *****..I'm gonna take off the intake & FP till the figgin warrenty runs out I guess... I'd check what is exceptable with your dealer.. I know it's just a rip by them, but I need that warranty coverage for now.
F.... the warranty. Not worth a shtt unless you blow an engine. I dropped by the local HD stealership....to buy a discount t-shirt for my old lady. I was talking to a brother I know about my setup and the one salesman left was straining to weasle into our conversation and said about the same thing....voids warranty...blah....blah.... better of letting them install SE stuff and Factory ECM download or SERT "because dealership tech are THE experts on the Harley Vtwin" .....at which point .... after I stopped laughing.....I told the idiot just how bad the shop and techs are at the dealership where he works...and that I wouldn't trust those A-holes to torque down a bolt correctly and that he needs to mind his own gd business.

Buy the machine....and do what YOU want with it....u paid for it with YOUR money.....fuxx em.

Dutch