Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 02:37 PM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just take your time and be patient and before you know it you will be done.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KeeBee
Thank you might be giving you a call. The pictures in Figure A and B are very fuzzy. But the step by step seems to be pretty good.
That's basically what happened with my V&H's.. I would do one step in the book, then take a step back away from the bike and reassess everything, then read the next step like twice, then look at the bike and find what they're talking about, then do it, then repeat.. yep. take your time

Old 03-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior

Almost can't wait until my warranty runs out (this August). I'll then start doing everything I can myself. The rest will go to the indys.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:44 PM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I used HD service exactly once. Never went back. F THAT s***. I have a local wrencher who lets me work on my bike and if I run into a problem, he helps me out.

Gotta say, I love HD bikes, but loathe everything else about the MOCO. Go visit Bergen County HD and see what I'm talking about.

"Hello, how can we separate you from your money today?"

Old 03-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JY Kelly
I used HD service exactly once. Never went back. F THAT s***. I have a local wrencher who lets me work on my bike and if I run into a problem, he helps me out.

Gotta say, I love HD bikes, but loathe everything else about the MOCO. Go visit Bergen County HD and see what I'm talking about.

"Hello, how can we separate you from your money today?"
Haha.. I like William's HD out in Lebanon, NJ.. I might take my bike there for servicing since my first 2 were included free with my bike.. but since im about to rip the whole thing down anyways i might as well just do it myself

Old 03-02-2011, 06:01 PM
cpiad
Account Closed
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Haha.. I like William's HD out in Lebanon, NJ.. I might take my bike there for servicing since my first 2 were included free with my bike.. but since im about to rip the whole thing down anyways i might as well just do it myself
Stealerships suck. ipso facto

Old 03-02-2011, 06:28 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Another piece of advice, be patient, take your time and think things through. One of my biggest issues when wrenching on my bike is that I am always in a rush to see what the finished product will look like and wind up screwing something up and having to do things over.....lol

Old 03-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Don't forget to get new exhaust gaskets!

When I replaced my exhaust, had a hard time getting the old ones out. Even looked as if there were no gaskets in there.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:25 PM
creatv1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

seriously, man-- if I can do it anybody can. Like everyone says, just take your time. Hardest part is the crossover clamp. You'll see...

Old 03-02-2011, 07:29 PM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rakthi
Don't forget to get new exhaust gaskets!

When I replaced my exhaust, had a hard time getting the old ones out. Even looked as if there were no gaskets in there.
Already ahead on that one I bought new gaskets already. I just need anti-seeze and I should be good. I think I can get the clips out and reuse those. If not then will go buy a new set of those as well.

Quick Reply: Harley Service