Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo seat lock ?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 09:05 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick response as well.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor

You can answer a survey on the Touring Forum and be entered to win a free Brukus product. Contest ends Sunday, Mar 6th, at midnight! Here is the link: **Take this survey and be entered to win a Brukus product**

Old 03-05-2011, 01:46 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Would love to be able to be at all the shows - especially Laughlin! But we are a small company working on inventing and producing products. We continue to look for vendors to partner up with us to show our products. If you know of any - please send them our way!

We are in the process of working on black powder coat to a couple of our products. Will post when we actually have it available. But our fairly new product - SeatSecure™ - is the main one we'd like to do that for as then it would blend in with the black leather. We think it would look good! Not sure what other applications we will apply that.

The tool is a security torque wrench and is necessary to remove the Stainless Steel Security Screws. They are "tamper-proof" screws that we use on several of our products.

The Fender Security Screws are polished.

We get emails all the time from guys whose seats have been stolen. And it was a SaddlebagSecure™ customer from CA who suggested we make this screw to begin with. We had them custom made as there was no such animal that worked with the security tool.

Hope that helps! And thanks for the interest!
On my FatBoy Lo, I have the two common bolts that hold the fatboy seat on. Do you make any security nut for these. I have looked everywhere and can't find a thing.
I agree that most aren't that concerned about their seat, but I am. I won't say how much I have invested in my seat and bib, but it's enough that I've got to do something.
You are my last hope lol, before I mod this for myself. I was thinking of drilling a hole in the side of the hand threaded nut and into the bolt slightly. Then threading the hole for a small set screw (for both nuts obviously). I could make the hole to where it is not very visable (like making the hole facing in), but it would be nice if someone made this with the security screw.

Just throwing it out there, thanks!

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 03-05-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Dirch
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HD helmet lock,just drill a hole for the seat screw under the flip bar close to the key barrel and ya get two things for one

Old 03-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor

Can you email us some pics of your current set up and include the size of the bolts? info@brukus.com

Old 03-05-2011, 03:08 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Yes, thanks

E-MAIL sent.

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 03-05-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by brukus motorcycle parts
you can answer a survey on the touring forum and be entered to win a free brukus product. Contest ends sunday, mar 6th, at midnight! Here is the link: **take this survey and be entered to win a brukus product**
last day to answer the survey and be entered to win a free product!

Old 03-06-2011, 03:34 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

I just wanted to thank Brukus Motorcycle Parts for addressing and responding to my e-mail so quickly. It seems as though the seat secure bolts for my 2010 lo are in the process of being manafactured.

It seems as though I will contacted or informed when they are available.

Thanks Brukus!

Old 03-07-2011, 12:17 AM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
I just wanted to thank Brukus Motorcycle Parts for addressing and responding to my e-mail so quickly. It seems as though the seat secure bolts for my 2010 lo are in the process of being manafactured.

It seems as though I will contacted or informed when they are available.

Thanks Brukus!
Since we both appear to be interested in the same set up, I'd appreciate an update on the forum as well. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TNB
Since we both appear to be interested in the same set up, I'd appreciate an update on the forum as well. Thanks in advance.
Will definitely try and remember to post on this thread about the new product when it's available for sale. FYI - We're not allowed, as sponsors, to start a new thread on this forum that products have been launched - only on the Vendor Classifieds forum.

You can also go to our website and sign up for the newsletter at brukus.com Or you can email us at info@brukus.com and ask to be added to our newsletter and then you'll be one of the first to know when this product is on the market. We don't send out a ton of emails - mainly with just info on product launches and sales. And you can always 'unsubscribe" at any time.

Hope that all helps and thanks for your interest!

Quick Reply: Solo seat lock ?????