Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO - less than pleased

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 08:35 PM
slowhand
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DYNO - less than pleased

Not sure if my expectations are out of line or not. But I expected that I would not have decel pop after a tune. It is worse than it was before. I don't really care about the actual numbers, I just want a well running bike. Which I think it was better before. Can anyone interpret what is going on by the printout?

I had the SE AC, V&H BSS and SERT installed at delivery. Canned map for the first 1000 miles. Dyno'd today and I have worse decel pop. I'm thinking of having it redone by Trask Performance here locally in Phoenix depending on what you guys have to say.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails DYNO - less than pleased-d7k_0066.jpg  
Old 03-01-2011, 08:50 PM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts

You probably need some custom dyno work to get rid of the pop. My son has a similar setup to you, and he has decel pop as well.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:52 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

The # are not impressive, especially if it s popping on decel. Where is the AFR from the exhaust ? Cant tell much based on the Hp and Tq curves.

IMO if it seems to be worse and is popping they need to spend more time on the dyno to make it right

Old 03-01-2011, 08:54 PM
slowhand
Cruiser

Interesting. I'm not going back to them. I have had all I can take from that dealer. I've heard good things about Trask and should have had it done there first. Guess I'll learn one of these days. My wallet is starting to hurt.

Last edited by slowhand; 03-01-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:59 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,676 Likes on 4,917 Posts

trask is good no doubt, might consider rev perf, ems it works amazingly. self tunes, and you can grow your motor into it without changing anything in the fuel set up. will do it for you. I'm telling you if you're going to do any work down the road, invest in this and you'll be money ahead and so happy, you won't be able to stand yourself, I know I am! my bike runs literally perfect, starts easier, throttle response is quicker, everything is better, just sayin'

Old 03-01-2011, 09:00 PM
slowhand
Cruiser

Originally Posted by XARAN
The # are not impressive, especially if it s popping on decel. Where is the AFR from the exhaust ? Cant tell much based on the Hp and Tq curves.

IMO if it seems to be worse and is popping they need to spend more time on the dyno to make it right
Nothing on my sheet referencing AFR, so I don't know.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:05 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,201 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by slowhand
Not sure if my expectations are out of line or not. But I expected that I would not have decel pop after a tune. It is worse than it was before. I don't really care about the actual numbers, I just want a well running bike. Which I think it was better before. Can anyone interpret what is going on by the printout?

I had the SE AC, V&H BSS and SERT installed at delivery. Canned map for the first 1000 miles. Dyno'd today and I have worse decel pop. I'm thinking of having it redone by Trask Performance here locally in Phoenix depending on what you guys have to say.

Thanks
75HP/90TQ is about what you should expect from a tuned Stage I 96"er. However, it should not have any decel pop; ussually indicates a lean condition. Check head pipe connections and gaskets; check muffler to head pipe connection. If all are tight, it's the tune. You should not be able to make a well tuned TC pop on decel if you try. Particulalry with the SERT. I question the tuners experience and capability.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:06 PM
the blob
Road Warrior
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

buy a tts mastertune and tune it yourself. its a great tool and it will teach you about efi.

its not hard either, plus you wont need to dyno your bike again buy the dealer!!

Old 03-01-2011, 09:06 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Most dealers do not have AFR sniffers. In my experiences.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:25 PM
bluedemon06
Tourer

what was the temperature when you had it tuned? What was the temperature when you rode it? Temperature will make a difference usually if its colder then when it was tuned it will run leaner

Quick Reply: DYNO - less than pleased