Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help to remap my FB

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 09:03 AM
ItalianF.B.
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help to remap my FB

Hello everybody, i write from Italy so sorry for the poor english.
I have a question or better i need a suggestion and help
I have a F.B. Lo 2010, i have already slip on rush 1.75, ( fantastic sound) and xied nightride. I had also put on an airfilter SE stage 1 over the summer , but listening to so many people( mostly dealer i had toke it off as they told me that xied are not enough...well
So now it arrive the remaping time. My dilemma is, i bring the bike to the dealer and let him to the sert or i buy the fuel motor Dynojet power vision?
Ok the story is that i`m afraid to do it by my self...as i have no knowledge of engine and this is my first bike.
I had contact the Fuel/motor and they told me that they can load a map for me on the Dynojet power v. and i just need then to upload the original map and send the new map on the bike computer.
How difficult is to do it, how many possibilities are there that the map doesn`t work? if i have a problem with the bike and i put back the original map, will the dealer be able to see that i had remap the bike?( i ask this as i`m still in warranty and i was thinking to extend the warranty too).
On the other side they told me that the stage 1 of the dealer it is very lean...
So now what to do? how many of you used the Dynojet power vision? on the financial side doing it here will be about 150 u$ more for me then buy the dynojet p. v..
Thank you
and ride safe
Max

Old 02-28-2011, 11:03 AM
jbg
Road Warrior

Definitely stay away from the dealer download. It's a waste of money. I've got the FuelPak which is plug and play and works very nicely for me as I don't intend to do any further engine mods. But if you are planning on doing more, then it sounds like you can just let the dealer redo the OEM mapping and install your Fuel Moto. They should be able to send you one all set up and ready to go. I don't have one so take this with a grain of salt...but I'd think you could tell Fuel Moto what set up you have now and they could adjust their download to work for you. That way you wouldn't need to go back to the dealer and get the download fixed?

Last edited by jbg; 02-28-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:36 PM
ItalianF.B.
Advanced

thanks Jbg, i actually spoke with fuel motor and they can send me the dynojet with a map load in with my set up.
I was curios to have some fid back from some USA Bikers..
Thanks
Max

Old 02-28-2011, 03:21 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It won't be hard to do by yourself to install the PCV. I really don't understand why the xied wasn't good enough for the modification that you had done. How long had you run the xied's and did you check your plugs after a time to see if they were burning correctly? I really don't know much about the xieds but have heard of people running them and being content with them.

Otherwise, you can't really go wrong with the PCV from fuelmoto. They will have you hooked up. I just can't help but sense the dealer was trying to get you to spring for the Sert... or whatever it's called now.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:26 PM
ItalianF.B.
Advanced

Lion..
Sorry but i`m so bad with mechanic that i`m even worry to remove the plugs....
Actually i had run the bike with xied , pipes and filter for a week... but i still have it with only the pipe , to me was running good it is just that i didn`t find real big difference the day i had put on the filter so i thought something was wrong and the i start to listen to people and so i remove the filter....

Old 02-28-2011, 03:37 PM
cpiad
Account Closed
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lionsqrne
It won't be hard to do by yourself to install the PCV. I really don't understand why the xied wasn't good enough for the modification that you had done. How long had you run the xied's and did you check your plugs after a time to see if they were burning correctly? I really don't know much about the xieds but have heard of people running them and being content with them.

Otherwise, you can't really go wrong with the PCV from fuelmoto. They will have you hooked up. I just can't help but sense the dealer was trying to get you to spring for the Sert... or whatever it's called now.
The online resistors....ie....Xieds do not work on 2010 FLSTFB. There are arguments as to why....but they simply do not cause enough fuel to be added at the places where the OEM ECM timing curves are heavily advanced....there are two parts to making it run correctly...AFR and timing. I have a '10 FLSTFB....tried the Xieds as a $100 solution and bike still ran lean with very similar changed noted in the post. I had to buy an Aftermarket ECM ... download a starting map and tweak it to get the engine running well...no ping...no aftefire....correct idle..good start.... and good power and torque throttle up.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:43 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cpiad
The online resistors....ie....Xieds do not work on 2010 FLSTFB. There are arguments as to why....but they simply do not cause enough fuel to be added at the places where the OEM ECM timing curves are heavily advanced....there are two parts to making it run correctly...AFR and timing. I have a '10 FLSTFB....tried the Xieds as a $100 solution and bike still ran lean with very similar changed noted in the post. I had to buy an Aftermarket ECM ... download a starting map and tweak it to get the engine running well...no ping...no aftefire....correct idle..good start.... and good power and torque throttle up.
Ahh, glad you chimed in. I didn't know this but as I stated. Don't know that much about them other than what I read in the past.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:36 PM
cpiad
Account Closed
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lionsqrne
Ahh, glad you chimed in. I didn't know this but as I stated. Don't know that much about them other than what I read in the past.
Try a Thundermax....pull out your factory ECM....and replace it.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:15 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

Guys, guys...he's not talking about the Power Commander V (PCV). He's talking about the Power Vision. Same company makes it, but it's a totally different deal. I have the ThunderMax ECM and I'm very happy with it, but if I had it to do again, I'd probably go with a Power Vision. It's the future of EFI tuning. I probably will end up getting one of these units one day, a couple generations down the road...
If you've never heard of the Power Vision or don't know how it works, educate yourself here.

Max,
If you can install those XieDs, you can use the Power Vision. Actually there's nothing to install, really. You just plug the unit (a little LCD touchscreen device) into the bike, "flash" your map to the ECM and unhook it when your done. I'm pretty sure you just follow the onscreen instructions, which I've read are really intuitive. It will come with a set of written instructions, as well, and if you get stuck, I'm sure Jaime at Fuel Moto will talk you through it via phone or email. You'll be happy with it. Jaime/Fuel Moto has a good reputation on these forums and won't steer you wrong. The P.V. is made for complete ease-of-use, but the maps can be tweaked by advanced users, using a laptop PC if desired. Best of both worlds. Good luck!

Edit:
To answer your question, a copy of your stock ECM calibration is automatically downloaded and saved to the P.V. if you ever need to return it to stock settings. And no, the dealer will never know that the ECM was remapped if it is returned to stock. That shouldn't matter, anyway. Just about everybody remaps or replaces their ECM.

Last edited by HoggyMtnBreakdown; 03-01-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:06 AM
ItalianF.B.
Advanced

Thank you so much for you answers, now i got another question ,reading the post here on the forum i saw a dicussion about the 02 sensors where they say ( i think even Jamie) that with power vision are not need it.what does it mean that i must unplug it like with the pc5 or just that the p.v doesn`t need it?
also it is that true that the set up of your bikes( usa) it is different from our bikes ( europe) so the maps will not work so good on my bike?

Thank you so much
Max

Quick Reply: help to remap my FB