Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help to remap my FB

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ItalianF.B.
Thank you so much for you answers, now i got another question ,reading the post here on the forum i saw a dicussion about the 02 sensors where they say ( i think even Jamie) that with power vision are not need it.what does it mean that i must unplug it like with the pc5 or just that the p.v doesn`t need it?
also it is that true that the set up of your bikes( usa) it is different from our bikes ( europe) so the maps will not work so good on my bike?

Thank you so much
Max
Hi Max, look in your user manual that came with the bike (under specifications - in mine it's table 8 on page 20), you will see that the US machines make max torque and hp at different RPM than the EU models. This is done with the software in the ECM as to pass the regulations on noise and pollution in Europe. With a US map on your ECM you will have a tad more power earlier in the RPM range.

When you reflash with the Power Vision I'm reasonably sure you will keep the O2 sensors.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:26 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

You can keep the stock O2 sensors or you can buy the aftermarket wide band O2 sensors (currently in development) for the P.V. when they come out. They are not an absolute necessity, but they will give your ECM the ability to auto-tune the map to your particular riding style and to the climate in which you ride. Again, you can keep the stock O2 sensors and your bike will run fine.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:40 AM
ItalianF.B.
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rakthi
Hi Max, look in your user manual that came with the bike (under specifications - in mine it's table 8 on page 20), you will see that the US machines make max torque and hp at different RPM than the EU models. This is done with the software in the ECM as to pass the regulations on noise and pollution in Europe. With a US map on your ECM you will have a tad more power earlier in the RPM range.

When you reflash with the Power Vision I'm reasonably sure you will keep the O2 sensors.
You had catch me hehehehe....
So to understand S. , it will be a problem or not? you see what you did ?you made me change from go to the dealer to now i`m almost sure i`ll do it myself..
I spoke with Jamie and he convince me, now i just need to get some more info and decide if i need the autotuner( jamie told me that is need only if i go with cam and bigbore) then i`ll ask how much import tax here and then go , hope will not end up like with the xieds...
thanks
Max

Old 03-01-2011, 06:44 AM
ItalianF.B.
Advanced

i saw it i think your bike get 119,19 N.m at 2.750 rpm mine 120,02 N.m. at 2.750....

Old 03-01-2011, 11:50 AM
ItalianF.B.
Advanced

Rakthi your bike really looks good....