Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

football to round a/c cover, not Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:40 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

NO, you are a little wrong. The stock ecm will adjust, but within EPA regs. He will not generate more heat, he just will not benefit from his mods. By the way, if I had a power commander, I would toss it.

Originally Posted by TheNameIs"B"
He already has slip-ons so if he goes with hi-flow air some type of fuel controller is needed. If not sounds like lots of people should just toss their PowerCommanders, correct? Not sure how much stock I put into hoping the system adjusts.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:45 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I would not get the remap. I had the remap when I got my Fatty. It ran fine, but there are better options.

Originally Posted by marcuswelby
thanks, everyone. Talked to a dealer and was told I could get by with a $220 remap and not have to add fuel management (like PC). But I think I've seen on the forum where guys have said the remap was a waste of money or bike actually ran like crap after the remap.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:19 PM
TheNameIs"B"
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the "better options"?

Old 02-27-2011, 09:51 PM
cpiad
Account Closed
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheNameIs"B"
**STOP** More air without more fuel= more heat. Do not attempt the above without a fuel controller.
Huh? Might lean out more....may ping most likely. Might not start well. Might idle strangely. Heat is not the biggest issue. But...its not that critical....the bike will run with a factory ECM...it may run better with a tuneable computer.... depends on who does the tuning.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:51 PM
cpiad
Account Closed
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tlb
NO, you are a little wrong. The stock ecm will adjust, but within EPA regs. He will not generate more heat, he just will not benefit from his mods. By the way, if I had a power commander, I would toss it.
Plus one.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 PM
TheNameIs"B"
Tourer

Originally Posted by cpiad
Huh? Might lean out more....may ping most likely. Might not start well. Might idle strangely. Heat is not the biggest issue. But...its not that critical....the bike will run with a factory ECM...it may run better with a tuneable computer.... depends on who does the tuning.
Okay, all of the above are not ideal so does the OP do nothing or something?! Just trying to steer the guy in the right direction not get in a debate over who has a better controller. What is your suggestion for the most affordable way to get the OP to a round cover, taking into consideration slip-ons are already installed?

Old 02-28-2011, 05:13 AM
dfndr
Road Master

OP should talk to the guys at Fuelmoto and Xied, then make a decision. Both companies have great reps and stand behind their products. I've worked with them both and very happy with service and products.