Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

football to round a/c cover, not Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 09:25 AM
marcuswelby
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so here's the deal. I have an 09 Deluxe and in one season I've added: windshield, wind deflectors, visors for every lamp & headlight, rider & passenger pegs, engine crash bar, highway pegs, V&H slip ons, chrome voltage regulator cover, bigger passenger seat, detachable backrest, stealth grips, HD saddle bags. I have some more chrome bling to add and plan to eventually go stage 1 - I think - but right now just want a cheap way of going round instead of stock football.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:18 PM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain

If I'm not mistaken all of the round air cleaners are high flow or considered stage 1. Add one and forget about what the dealer tells you. If you want to fix the heat problem add some inexpensive Xieds.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by marcuswelby
I have some more chrome bling to add and plan to eventually go stage 1 - I think - but right now just want a cheap way of going round instead of stock football.
The biggest part of Stage 1 is a free-flowing filter (like the K&N you mentioned in your first post). If you want to stay stock but just go round, I think your only choices are stock Cross Bones AC (gloss black) or stock Blackline AC (chrome).

Old 02-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Ricco
6th Gear

If you like the teardrop shape of the S&S air cleaner/filter, Check this out:

http://www.sscycle.com/feature/featureview.php?s_id=23

Old 02-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Phantomryder
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have the stage 1 completed with a round hi-flo air filter, I installed a round air cleaner cover, powder coated black.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:09 PM
1SG_CFP
Advanced
Default Exactly

Originally Posted by watchluvr4ever
Not entirely true. It's not like you are giving it a big increase in air flow. The stock system will adjust itself in that case. The sensors will handle it if adding either slip ons or a high flow ac but not both at the same time. There are plenty of discussions on this forum regarding this subject.
Thank you. Changing to a high flow air filter simply lets the motor suck in air easier.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:13 PM
TheNameIs"B"
Tourer

Originally Posted by 1SG_CFP
Thank you. Changing to a high flow air filter simply lets the motor suck in air easier.
He already has slip-ons so if he goes with hi-flow air some type of fuel controller is needed. If not sounds like lots of people should just toss their PowerCommanders, correct? Not sure how much stock I put into hoping the system adjusts.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:54 AM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TheNameIs"B"
He already has slip-ons so if he goes with hi-flow air some type of fuel controller is needed. If not sounds like lots of people should just toss their PowerCommanders, correct? Not sure how much stock I put into hoping the system adjusts.
Since the OP has slip-ons then I would recommend some type of fuel management system if he is upgrading to a high flow filter. Like I posted earlier if you are just running either the AC or the exhaust you would be fine, but not both on the stock sensors.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:32 AM
marcuswelby
Intermediate

thanks, everyone. Talked to a dealer and was told I could get by with a $220 remap and not have to add fuel management (like PC). But I think I've seen on the forum where guys have said the remap was a waste of money or bike actually ran like crap after the remap.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:39 AM
TheNameIs"B"
Tourer

I used Fuelmoto for my PC, runs great, was plug n play, and can feel the difference in power. Just do it right, don't go cheap here.
b

Quick Reply: football to round a/c cover, not Stage 1