Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody else get teed off over this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracker56
That's why I learned how to do my own work years ago. When you rely on others to do work for you, you will get let down eventually. Just the way things are. Never put your stuff in the hands of others unless you have to. Just my 2 cents.
I also am a firm believer in that.

However, every now and then I meet a guy that has no business even changing a light bulb. If one is not inclined, he'd be wise to recognize it.

I don't know the OP and I am NOT saying this is his situation.
I wouldn't fault him if it was.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:09 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg755
OK here are my two pet peeves.

#1 Most people are angry that dealers charge so much.
I'm not, I have no problem paying a higher price for quality parts and or service... My problem is I put my Bones into the dealer 7 weeks ago for some minor things (windshield, put stock seat back on, detachable sissy bar and 2000 mile service) 7 weeks and still no bike... First it was "well the bolt didnt come in, it's on back order" - come on 4 weeks to get a two inch long 3/8 bolt??? Man you could have called, I would have gone down to the hardware store for you.. Then it was "The wrong windshield came in"... Really? Its the only windshied trimmed in black you sell...

#2 Then he asks "I see you still have $2000 left on your Harley Credit, you should check out our jackets and boots, because we are having a sale". When I said NO THANK YOU, you should have seen the look he gave me..
This kills me, I am not going to spend $500 on your jacket with YOUR name on it and advertise for you for free... Harley should pay us to advertise... I dont go buy Ford or GE jackets (and other stuff) and promote them...

I have no problem with people who wear advertising, that is OK, just don't get pissed off with me because I decide not too...

Ok I'm done bitchin now....
Well here is my .02 cents:

if you are not willing to take maybe two hours to do all that work yourself and am willing to leave it there for seven weeks, thats on you. do the work yourself, or "call me when the parts come in and ill run the scooter down to ya."

as for the advertising, to each their own. i do it and i dont mind being a part of something which is bigger than me.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
Well here is my .02 cents:

if you are not willing to take maybe two hours to do all that work yourself and am willing to leave it there for seven weeks, thats on you. do the work yourself, or "call me when the parts come in and ill run the scooter down to ya."

as for the advertising, to each their own. i do it and i dont mind being a part of something which is bigger than me.
Maybe he didn't call them often enough.

"Is it done yet?" "Is it done yet?" "Is it done yet?"

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,662 Likes on 1,263 Posts

This has also been a problem for me at car dealers for many years . Dealers steal from the motor companys just as much too! This is why I always ask for my used or broken parts. So the service mgr can't use them to sell a story to the next customer.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:29 PM
LoBoy55
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well now he knows. Next time learn to do it yourself or expect the same slow service. It's that simple.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:34 PM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree i hate to buy apparel with company logo's, Unless they want to discount the apparel for me to advertise there product

Old 02-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Elgin47
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cpiad
Even Einstein's Law of Relativity has its limits. Maybe you have one of the very few HD dealerships worth a damn.... feel good ... enjoy it.
Einstein's contribution to the theory of relativity was the recognition that the speed of light in a vacuum is constant and an absolute physical boundary for motion. This does not have a major impact on a person's day-to-day life since we travel at speeds much slower than light speed.

Of course, that's just most of us - maybe you ride really-really fast.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Greg755
Cruiser

Got the call today, she is ready to be picked up tomorrow...
High of 40 degrees (for about an hour) tomorrow, with scattered showers, which will get rid of the salt dust.
Perfect weather to take her out and run her through her pace's...

Old 03-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Greg755
Cruiser

Well it turned out pretty well..
They only charged me for an Hour labor, Delivered her to me for free and threw in a cover for free.

I took her for about a 60 mile ride and she handled great...
I only had her in the 65-70 mile range for about 15 minutes.
The suspension on both the front and the rear was really good, I was a little worried about the back because it has been lowed two inches, but I went over a lot of bumps and pot holes and it didn't bottom out, which surprised me because I weigh 260 on the hoof...

It does turn a little different than my last bike because I am sitting up a little higher, so I have to get used to that.
There is plenty of power and I do tend to feel like I am going to slide off the back of the tractor seat, so I need to slow down on the take off in first gear. Maybe I will put the lepara seat back on and see how that feels...
The only problem I have with the bike is that it is a little hard to get to the kickstand. (I'm only 5 10) so it is a reach..

Tomorrow it will be about 10 degrees warmer so I will get to take it out on the thruway and see how she does at 75 -80.

With the tractor seat up ah high as it is, I now have my head above the windshield looking over it so I don't get the buffeting that I did on my old bike when I was looking "through" the shield, so that is a big improvement.

The bike accelerates good and is very responsive, but I do get a little clunk when I am down shifting slowly at a stop sign. I don't know if it is me or if it just isn't broke in yet.

All in All I am very pleased with this ride