Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
The Black Lift
16.85%
The Yellow Lift
20.22%
Neither, they're both trash!
62.92%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Motorcycle lift table jack stand "POLL"

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Bryanp
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glideridemike
You can get very decent table lifts for about $600. Right now I use a Mclaren jack for mine. The Sears jacks wouldn't fit under my lowered Wide Glide, the McLaren would. It'll do until I get the cash for the table lift. As to those HF jacks, the blue one might lift the bike, but it would make working on one side a real joy. Plus it looks like it would take up a lot of room.
that was my exact thougt. Working on that right side would be a chore.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:23 PM
spydyr
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was actually thinking about getting the black one from E-bay. It certainly seems solid. If it says 1000lbs, surely my 700lb ride will not crumble it. I'd want to either weld sideplates or build up some wood blocks for on the side riding it up on the ramp, though.

I've not seen or heard any bad reviews of it, besides folks on here saying "I wouldn't trust MY ride on it...." which of course is unfounded and fearmongering in my opinion. I'm more of a solid numbers guy and not so much guestimates. IMHO.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:59 PM
OlGrampy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just get a few 2x8 to 2x 4 boards, nail them together, push the bike over on the kickstand, slide the boards underneath the bike and it is lifted up 3 to 4 inches, depending on the boards, or just spend 100 bucks on a lift you won't like

Old 03-02-2011, 12:50 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

The Blue HF lift is on sale for $179 - no coupon required. From my experience with the local b&m HF, you can include a 20% coupon with the purchase of a sale item that does not require a coupon. So with a 20% off coupon that brings it to $144.

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-po...ift-99887.html

Just remembered coupons may not be used on lifts.

Last edited by KumaRide; 03-02-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:09 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda67bnl
No problem.
I sent the lift table coupon to GliderideMike today as well. Hope both of you enjoy your new toys!

I was hoping to get that today but the coupon still is the mail. I call the HF store in Columbus and they are out of the table anyway and won't be getting any in at the earliest next week.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:10 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

well, got my coupons, and picked up my HF table today. What a deal.. Thanks again cuda.

The hydraulic cylinder was bone dry, but had some Screaming Eagle fork oil that did the trick........and the pins for the ramp were turned the wrong way and had to re drill them, otherwise AOk.

All for $325....not a bad deal at all. Oh that includes the wheel chock too.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've got one of these from Pep-Boys for $30. Holds 1500lbs, and raises my bike to like a foot and change off the ground

Old 03-05-2011, 10:01 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by glideridemike
well, got my coupons, and picked up my HF table today.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:08 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

It worked out great Bud, I received the coupons that you sent yesterday and I went and picked up my lift at Harbor Freight today. It took maybe 20 minutes to assemble and had my bike up on it within 30 minutes of opening the box. I gotta tell you guys, for the sale price of $143.99 plus tax, it's a great lift! It's simple to raise & lower the bike by yourself and holds the bike securely. So much so that I rolled under with a creeper just to look for an oil leak ... found it, yay! You can place it on the left or right side of the bike and you can see in the pics below that it doesn't obstruct your access much either way. In fact I was already able to change my pipes with the bike positioned on the lift as pictured below.

Overall, I'm pleased as a pig in poo with my new lift. Quite the bargain for those on a budget like myself. Now I've got more $$$ to spend on parts

Old 03-06-2011, 07:00 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Ya know, I called ahead to make sure they had one. Sure they say. Weighs about 350 #'s. I ask how it gets loaded, they say np, we load it with our fork life. So they put one aside with my name on it. I get there Sat morning, and the guy who runs the forklift called in sick. All the employees working were little women, all 3 of them. So I drove my truck back to the loading dock, went back in to see what they were going to do. Little oriental sex doll was still on the phone with her mgr. So I checked fork lift had keys in it, so I fired it up, loaded the crate myself.

I'm going back to get that chickies number.....ummm yum yum.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle lift table jack stand "POLL"