Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
The Black Lift
16.85%
The Yellow Lift
20.22%
Neither, they're both trash!
62.92%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Motorcycle lift table jack stand "POLL"

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 11:30 PM
02ULTRA
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Talldog
Not sure if this will work for you or not, but here's an idea. I've been thinking about a lift table also and was worried I wouldn't have enough room, but I'm just gonna leave it on the floor and park my Silverado Pickup over top of it.

I've got the clearance under the truck to clear the table when it's all the way down.

Course, if you've got a lower vehicle, this probably won't work for you.
This is exactly what I do, the lift stays in the center of the garage and I just park over it. When I need to work on a bike, I just back the truck out of the garage.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:46 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda67bnl
A lot of guys have limited floor space, so they're hesitant to buy one. Don't let that be the deal breaker. It barely takes up more room than your bike already does, so just do like I do. I have mine set up where I park the bike at, so I just park on the lift. I use it as my parking space. I just drive in to the chock, and get off. Don't even have to put the kick stand down.
I bought the Direct Lift table a few months ago, and it was a great investment. I've got far too much into my bike to trust it to a substandard table. Like Cuda, I move the table to where I normally park my bike and just park on top when not in use... that is great insurance as it is built like a tank.

I also have a Harbor Freight yellow jack, and used that until I got the lift table. It works OK, and if you're on limited duckets it will suffice. However, if you're going to buy a lift get one that will give you peace of mind... save up and spend a little extra - you won't regret it.

Roger

Old 02-26-2011, 08:39 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda67bnl
Here ya go. Here's a quick clip of the lift in action. It locks in at 18 inches, or 28 inches high. I have it at 18 inches in the clip. Please note that my bike is NOT strapped down. It's simply parked in the wheel chock. As you can see, it's plenty stable even though it isn't strapped down. Best money I've spent so far.......
Very cool, and stable too. I'm wonderin if you could nipple an air line to the thing.....

Old 02-26-2011, 02:11 PM
gbody805
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a Sear's Pro jack and haven't had a problem yet.

Just before a total tear down I ran my Softail for 30 minutes on it without any worries.

The bike balanced nicely with the back pad just under the front shock mounts.

Attached Thumbnails Motorcycle lift table jack stand "POLL"-picture_014.jpg  
Old 02-26-2011, 02:26 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Old 02-26-2011, 08:46 PM
poppavein
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always wanted a Handy-Lift and found a good price on a used one through Craig's List. Keep an eye out for motorcycle shops going out of business.

That's a solid lift.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:33 AM
colonelangus1
Road Master

heres my home made lift.first 2 pics are up/down 3rd is a short video..i have a block of wood i use for under the kickstand .just roll/ride the bike onto lift and place kickstand on the block of wood .i then get my straps in place get on the bike then cinch the straps down.done bike is solid ready to lift.also have 2 small dolly's for rolling it around the shop when not in use
i have a boat style hand crank winch on it,but an electric winch can easily be fitted ..this lift basic in design but effective and stable..i still have a bike jack for removing the wheels..this is great for detailing the bike just pull up a chair or stool and its at the right height
down

up

short video

Last edited by colonelangus1; 02-27-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:43 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn bro, your pretty handy with that metal. Hat's off to you!

Old 02-27-2011, 11:55 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

can we see your bike up on the lift. What size of channel is are you using on it.

Originally Posted by colonelangus1
heres my home made lift.first 2 pics are up/down 3rd is a short video..i have a block of wood i use for under the kickstand .just roll/ride the bike onto lift and place kickstand on the block of wood .i then get my straps in place get on the bike then cinch the straps down.done bike is solid ready to lift.also have 2 small dolly's for rolling it around the shop when not in use
i have a boat style hand crank winch on it,but an electric winch can easily be fitted ..this lift basic in design but effective and stable..i still have a bike jack for removing the wheels..this is great for detailing the bike just pull up a chair or stool and its at the right height
down

Last edited by tlb; 02-27-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:35 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master

if i remember correctly its 6" channel
ill have a bike on it this week not mine but ill post up a pic maybe short vid of it in action

Quick Reply: Motorcycle lift table jack stand "POLL"