Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
The Black Lift
16.85%
The Yellow Lift
20.22%
Neither, they're both trash!
62.92%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Motorcycle lift table jack stand "POLL"

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:24 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

You can get very decent table lifts for about $600. Right now I use a Mclaren jack for mine. The Sears jacks wouldn't fit under my lowered Wide Glide, the McLaren would. It'll do until I get the cash for the table lift. As to those HF jacks, the blue one might lift the bike, but it would make working on one side a real joy. Plus it looks like it would take up a lot of room.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:37 AM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool LIft or Jack

Search J & S Jacks and watch the video. I have their jack and love it. Solid as a rock and easy to move as needed. They are outstanding folks to deal with. I am sure this is the only jack I will ever need.

Last edited by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE; 02-25-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:38 AM
supercrewser
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda67bnl
Here's the harbor freight lift table.
http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb...ift-91764.html
I've got a coupon for it, for $280. I'll mail the coupon to you, if you want it. It expires 4/7/11.

Add this wheel chock.
http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ock-96349.html
I've got a coupon for it, for $26 that I'll mail you. It expires 6/1/11.

So, for $306 plus tax, you have an inexpensive table lift.

You can buy a $20 scissor jack from WalMart, and spend 15 minutes modifying it, and you'll have a jack to raise the bike up to service your wheels while it's on the lift table. By the way i will be interested in that coupon if you still have it.

Stretch your budget just a little bit, and you'll be happy with the set-up.
Hey cuda, thinking about getting the lift table , since you have one I was wondering if it would easily stand up against a wall to make room for floor space since Im limited on how much room I have.

Last edited by supercrewser; 02-25-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:46 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
You are correct it will work fine on the yellow jack, I meant practical for space and moving it around compared to the standard sears jack if your limited on space like some.

The black one, I wouldn't put my sled on though. I would like one wider.
I hear ya. That black one is not quite what i'm looking at. I just saw one on craigslist that was really wide and had all sorts of jacks that went with it, but I missed out by 2 days

Old 02-25-2011, 10:16 AM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by supercrewser
Hey cuda, thinking about getting the lift table , since you have one I was wondering if it would easily stand up against a wall to make room for floor space since Im limited on how much room I have.
It weighs around 350 pounds, so it's not something that's super easy to move. It's not like you can just slide it around one handed.

A lot of guys have limited floor space, so they're hesitant to buy one. Don't let that be the deal breaker. It barely takes up more room than your bike already does, so just do like I do. I have mine set up where I park the bike at, so I just park on the lift. I use it as my parking space. I just drive in to the chock, and get off. Don't even have to put the kick stand down.

The lift is 27 inches wide. I made some side steps from 2x6's and a strip of plywood 12 inches wide. They make loading and unloading the bike easier. I simply slide them out of the way when I'm using the lift. Total width with the side steps is 51 inches. Total length of the lift and rear ramp is 110 inches. You could make the side steps a little narrower to save a few more inches of space if needed. Measure how much room your bike already takes up, and I bet you'll see that you have enough room for the lift table.

Attached Thumbnails Motorcycle lift table jack stand "POLL"-109_0555.jpg   Motorcycle lift table jack stand "POLL"-109_0554.jpg  
Old 02-25-2011, 10:38 AM
supercrewser
Road Master

It weighs around 350 pounds, so it's not something that's super easy to move. It's not like you can just slide it around one handed.

A lot of guys have limited floor space, so they're hesitant to buy one. Don't let that be the deal breaker. It barely takes up more room than your bike already does, so just do like I do. I have mine set up where I park the bike at, so I just park on the lift. I use it as my parking space. I just drive in to the chock, and get off. Don't even have to put the kick stand down.

The lift is 27 inches wide. I made some side steps from 2x6's and a strip of plywood 12 inches wide. They make loading and unloading the bike easier. I simply slide them out of the way when I'm using the lift. Total width with the side steps is 51 inches. Total length of the lift and rear ramp is 110 inches. You could make the side steps a little narrower to save a few more inches of space if needed. Measure how much room your bike already takes up, and I bet you'll see that you have enough room for the lift table.
Thanks cuda, you have twice as much room as i do , in the summer I have kids bicycles and stuff in the garage and in winter I have to park the bike in the corner against a wall to make room for the Mustang . Looks like the blue lift from harbor freight might be my best bet for now.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:47 AM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey, Super. It might pay to do some measuring and see if you can make it work. If you're that tight on space, adding the blue lift will just be adding more stuff in the way. At least with the table, you can park on it, so you retain a little space that way. Something to consider anyways. Best of luck with whatever you decide!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:51 AM
supercrewser
Road Master

Hey, Super. It might pay to do some measuring and see if you can make it work. If you're that tight on space, adding the blue lift will just be adding more stuff in the way. At least with the table, you can park on it, so you retain a little space that way. Something to consider anyways. Best of luck with whatever you decide!
Appreciate it Cuda, Im gonna do some checking this weekend. I hate small garages.LOL But in this market Im not selling til Im ready to move south in 5 years.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:31 AM
cpiad
Account Closed
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the black one...I'd get one...but my sergeant at arms aka wife would see it and I'd be in for a ration of shtt

Old 02-25-2011, 01:08 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
The black lift is affordable because it's a piece of crap and dangerous, it's to narrow and light wieght.

The yellow one would work but not practical. If your gonna get a jack get a sears or similar. They are right at about $100 and a great jack. I've had mine for 5 yrs and use it at least twice a month for both my bikes.

Sorry that picture is not great, but you get the idea. Good luck with whatever you do and be safe bro.

I have been saving for a lift, but a well built one and wide to where there is no doubt about stabilization and my $100 jack gets me by in the mean time.

As far as blocks with a ramp. Really?
Yeah screw it, I'm just going to get this one from Sears. Harbor Freights 20% off sale ended last night apparently ... BASTARDS!

Originally Posted by colonelangus1
if i had to pick one it would be the black one but im not impressed with either .
do you have access to a welder its way cheaper to build your own.
No welder or free time to build one. I'm trying to use what little free time I have to rebuild my ride, but thanks.

Originally Posted by Rakthi
If you can work with metal or know someone who can, here is the link to plans on how to build one:

http://box.net/rssdownload/323097898...ft%20plans.pdf

For myself, I got the J&S one, pricey but worth every penny in my opinion,
Very nice & detailed plans though, thanks.

Originally Posted by wiseguy2day
For the full lift, save up and get quality one.

Harbor freight scares the sh*t out of me, It seems like extremely cheap crap. I know a lot of guys are using it but I have a lot of money into my bike and I will spend the money on a decent name brand one. At least go with one of the Sears jacks.
I hear ya Bud, thanks ... that's what I'll do!

Here's the harbor freight lift table.
http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb...ift-91764.html
I've got a coupon for it, for $280. I'll mail the coupon to you, if you want it. It expires 4/7/11.

Add this wheel chock.
http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ock-96349.html
I've got a coupon for it, for $26 that I'll mail you. It expires 6/1/11.

So, for $306 plus tax, you have an inexpensive table lift.

You can buy a $20 scissor jack from WalMart, and spend 15 minutes modifying it, and you'll have a jack to raise the bike up to service your wheels while it's on the lift table.

Stretch your budget just a little bit, and you'll be happy with the set-up.
Very kind offer Cuda, it's highly appreciated. Just too far out of my budget for now. Especially being that I still need to buy more parts. But thank you very much, that's a very kind offer and a great discount from their regular price of $499.

Originally Posted by KumaRide
Here is a HF 20 off coupon of anyone needs it.

http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wsw...4&keycode=0000

Never noticed the blue lift at the HF near my house. Will check it out.

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-po...ift-99887.html
The Blue lift was very high in my consideration. I actually called on it last night to check stock & confirm whether the sale would still be good today. They told me that it would. This morning the "20% off" isn't on their site anymore. So I hurried to print out your coupon then called to be sure it would be honored. The gal said to read the fine print, which is a real struggle to read. However it exempts just about everything they sell. Floor Jacks are named as well and she said that the blue lift does come under the category of floor jacks. Last night it was $159.99 today it's $199.99. That really blows! But many thanks for posting the coupon though. Very considerate of you.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle lift table jack stand "POLL"