Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard bags are in....pic

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 05:01 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Hard bags are in....pic

The hard bags just arrived. They are in excellent condition. Thanks to the forum member who sold them to me. Too bad my bike is not black cherry.

I am thinking of doing them vivid black but matching the stripe that is now silver to the red of the pin striping as well. What do you guys think? I am really getting excited now but I won't be getting down to Ride Wright until next week as my new throttle cable will not be in until the 28th. D'oh! I almost feel like you guys who have been snowbound and it really does suck.

Give your thoughts on how to do these please...

Drew

Old 02-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drew those are nice bags,they are going to look great on your scoot.I would do them in vivid black like you said.But leave the silver stripe ( it will match the silver on your tank emblem) Than just do a matching red pin stripe around the silver. That would look classy and not to over the top.I like the idea of using red as the accent color but not to much

Old 02-24-2011, 06:38 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Bobberevo mocked up a pic and I am not sure if the stripe will stay or not. Keep the ideas coming please.

Drew

Old 02-24-2011, 06:39 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't wait cuz it will give me an idea of what mine is going to look like. I wish I could buy mine now but alas.... I only have a few more dollars to save up for the air ride I will be ordering through you. That's more important right now.

How did you score those so fast and easy and what did they run you? are they complete?

I say just vivid black and no striping but that's me. I don't care for bags with any striping or two tone colors like that.

Last edited by lionsqrne; 02-24-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They will look great. Keep posting pics when you can. 6 more inches of snow predicted for tomorrow in the Northern 3rd of Indiana. Come it is almost March...

Old 02-24-2011, 07:03 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lionsqrne
I can't wait cuz it will give me an idea of what mine is going to look like. I wish I could buy mine now but alas.... I only have a few more dollars to save up for the air ride I will be ordering through you. That's more important right now.

How did you score those so fast and easy and what did they run you? are they complete?

I say just vivid black and no striping but that's me. I don't care for bags with any striping or two tone colors like that.
I posted in the WTB section of the classifieds and someone had them sitting in their garage ready to go. Pricing varies but they were a pretty good deal. It's still too bad they were not the right color but beggars can't be choosers.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/want-...ccessories-20/

Drew

Old 02-24-2011, 07:46 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drew you should change the pipes up bro, and maybe chuck the lights and french them in the bags

Old 02-24-2011, 08:16 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

What i would like to do is get a bad dad fender extension and extend the bags eventually. Have some slick lights frenched in the bags, etc. But one thing at a time here. I am getting way ahead of myself.

Drew

Old 02-24-2011, 09:57 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

i think they will look awesome!

Old 02-24-2011, 11:24 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Bobberevo mocked up a pic and I am not sure if the stripe will stay or not. Keep the ideas coming please.

Drew
That stripe has to go no matter what color you paint it. Paint bags to match your bike and match with identical pin striping. To much color in the bags will draw all the attention to them and kill the flow. JMHO

Quick Reply: Hard bags are in....pic