Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson Exhaust Line up Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 11:13 AM
NightTrain_Vet
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samson Exhaust Line up Issues

Was wondering if anyone has an idea on how to get the samson slashers exhaust to line up, been having some issues with it. The pipes fit, but when i get them lined up they are not level with each other, the end of them has a almost a 1/4 inch gap more than the front. Maybe I am just being picky but seems a bit off to me. I have followed all the directions and have been tinkering with it for a bit, but whenever i get it right on, it moves...... I will share a picture.

Attached Thumbnails Samson Exhaust Line up Issues-dscf0324.jpg  
Old 02-20-2011, 11:20 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I would think it has to do with the holes in the mounting bracket. Try loosening the mounting bracket bolts and jiggling them around until they are right. Hold them in place and retighten. If the holes are off a little pull the bracket and enlarge the holes so they will line up.

Drew

Old 02-20-2011, 09:30 PM
NightTrain_Vet
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I would think it has to do with the holes in the mounting bracket. Try loosening the mounting bracket bolts and jiggling them around until they are right. Hold them in place and retighten. If the holes are off a little pull the bracket and enlarge the holes so they will line up.

Drew
Yeah, thanks for the advice. I think thats my next step, I have exhausted the other options. Prolly will start with just opening them up a bit to get them to sit right. Seems a bit ridiculous that they can't make a setup that works, but ohh well.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the brackets do have slots for plenty of adjustment. loosen all around, line the pipes up, and re tighten. they will be perfect.
thanks,
JR / SAMSON

Old 02-23-2011, 08:54 AM
NightTrain_Vet
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Samson_tech
the brackets do have slots for plenty of adjustment. loosen all around, line the pipes up, and re tighten. they will be perfect.
thanks,
JR / SAMSON
Yeah, I have read the instructions too.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:53 AM
JakesDad1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're scaring me! I have a black version of your pipes in a box. The last step to my rebuild is to install them. Let us know how it all turns out!

Old 03-01-2011, 06:33 PM
NightTrain_Vet
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by JakesDad1
You're scaring me! I have a black version of your pipes in a box. The last step to my rebuild is to install them. Let us know how it all turns out!
I am just waiting for it to warm up a bit before i try some different ideas, I will post some pics of a solution if i get one. I can get everything to line up right if it is not tight, but no matter how i tighten the pipes they seem to want to tweet out a bit.