Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Buy Or Not To Buy...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 01:43 AM
USMC2010
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 48 Posts

Sent you a visitor message. California taxes suck. I got bit on both my Harleys, first one was in NY, second in Cali. Never again.

Last edited by USMC2010; 02-21-2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:12 AM
DevilDogg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by force49r
I've gotta a little advice brother. I bought mine through the same program last year while in Iraq. 2010 Fat Bob, and love it dearly! But when I picked it up at one of the local dealers, they told me they could have saved me around a grand. I paid $16508 for it, including the extended warranty. They were pretty easy to deal with overthere. What I would have done different, I'd get on my Skype and call around and find out rock bottom prices at dealers close to home. I kinda felt the Salesman at the dealer was full of ****, but whatever. What was pretty damn sweet though.. once I had my order and VIN# and all the $$ squared away, I started buying my pipes, seat, PC-V (Fuel Moto), and all kinds of other things while still in the sandbox. Funny thing, my bike was waiting on me, but the paperwork was 2 weeks behind. Long story short, picked the bike up, dropped it off with a buddy, went to the beach for a week. When I came home he had all mods done and I rolled HARD. NO REGRETS HERE!!
Well the program does have a price match deal that is good for up to 2 weeks after you pickup the car/truck/bike. If you could have gotten that price on paper, you would have received the difference.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:48 PM
The_Prospect
Novice

Well I have convinced the wife to go down to some of the local dealers and see if they want to work with us or not... anyone know off hand what California is charging these days for taxes... last time i bought i think it was like .06 per dollar?

Old 02-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Pyron
Cruiser

Originally Posted by The_Prospect
So I am currently deployed, and have the opportunity to take advantage of the military car buying program... with that being said I am being offered a 2011 Fatboy Lo for 18K (security/abs, delivery, 5 yr extend included). I have been here for nearly a year so I'm not to sure if I should just wait till i get home to purchase my bike... or have it waiting for me when i get there... what does the HD Family think?
I talked with encs out here at victory. They couldn't deliver the lo any time soon last year when I was looking. I got a quote from them and then hit up my local dealers via email. Only one even had a lo at the time. After 32 emails back and forth of me deciding what extras I wanted on it we finally made a deal. First time I even talked to him on the phone was to give him my down payment. I told him I needed him to get under the military pricing so that I could buy from him and support my local economy. Worked out great for me and I got my bike right away. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I will say that I bought the lo sight unseen and don't regret it one bit.

Roll on brotha. Stay safe.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:37 AM
The_Prospect
Novice

In the end, buying from a local dealer would be ideal in my opinion... for obvious reasons (relationship, economy, possible gear, ect.) The thing that comes back to get me is that the program will beat any "Official Quote" by 250$