Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I'm going to sell my LO

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 02:01 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,732 Likes on 795 Posts

Just a thought here...
But how about helping a fellow rider do a few mods that he's always wanted to do, but just doesn't have the dough;
or help a young person buy a used older bike (like a Sporty) and you can help restore it and teach a little pride of ownership while you're at it.

You seem to have quite a bit of disposable income just burnin' a hole in your pocket.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:30 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
I just woke up this morning and realized that after I finish my fender mods, I will just be doing stuff to my sled out off shear bordizim (if that's a word). I want to start over on a different bike, maybe even find an old sucker punch sally and mod it, I don't know, but that's what I'm thinking. Crazy huh?

I love the lo, but I liked making it my own better. I would just be doing stuff to it now just to be doing it and that's how I know it's time to move on.

hhahahahaha... dude!!!! holy ****! you're taking this addiction to a whole'nother level!

i kinda know what you mean thou LMAO.... i've been looking at getting a ducati monster and modding the crap out of it and make it a quick commuter bike.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:43 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgzr
Just a thought here...
But how about helping a fellow rider do a few mods that he's always wanted to do, but just doesn't have the dough;
or help a young person buy a used older bike (like a Sporty) and you can help restore it and teach a little pride of ownership while you're at it.

You seem to have quite a bit of disposable income just burnin' a hole in your pocket.
If it were disposable, I wouldn't sell my sled.

hdgzr, I do like reading your posts, I think for the most part you give good advise in the softail section. Your a bit ornery, but none the less you have good advise.

So try not to disapoint me with a silly post lol. JK

Old 02-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Caseyx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bro, I can totlly relate. I have a 93 5.0 that I have just about done everything you can do to a car, and I ran out of steam with it the minute I put the last parts on it. My 300zx is almost in the same boat, except it's got some sentimental value as it was given to me by my late mentor. But, I do have a ton of parts in the garage for it, just have not made the time to finish it.

Knowing that, i am scared that once I bolt on the last few parts in my plan for the Lo, I may get bored a bit, but I really am just enjoying the ride enough that that won't happen.

I just ordered a book on wiring bikes...I do plan on either buying a rolling chassis or a junked bike and building it into a sick *** bar hopper. One seat, no fenders...who knows.

I usually get carried away with this ****. Havent had my Lo for more than 3 months now and I have already spent 4 grand on it.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:20 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,732 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
If it were disposable, I wouldn't sell my sled.

hdgzr, I do like reading your posts, I think for the most part you give good advise in the softail section. Your a bit ornery, but none the less you have good advise.

So try not to disapoint me with a silly post lol. JK
I wasn't trying to be either ornery or silly. I think helping a brother get back in the wind or helping a future rider is an honorable task. If I had the dough (I spent it all on the Heritage), I certainly would...paying it forward sort of.

As far as another build, my dream is to find an old shovel or sporty and give it a new life. Maybe even buy a rolling chasis and give that old heart a new body! Good luck!

Last edited by hdgzr; 02-18-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:27 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hdgzr
I wasn't trying to be either ornery or silly. I think helping a brother get back in the wind or helping a future rider is an honorable task. If I had the dough (I spent it all on the Heritage), I certainly would...paying it forward sort of.

As far as another build, my dream is to find an old shovel or sporty and give it a new life. Maybe even buy a rolling chasis and give that old heart a new body! Good luck!
That's kinda what I'm leaning towards also, but I have time to think about it. And I was just giving you a hard time, Thanks hdgz!

Rquirch and Caseyx, LMAO finally someone that understands! So I'm gonna do it, she goes up for sale after I bolt on the last tin in about a month. Now I'm going to search for my new project. Or even double up on my current one, it's an 01 Ultra that I've done some mods to already.

So, anyone want to help me decide a price? I don't expect to get my money back either, I know better. I'm not giving her away either. I'm also not going to mention how much I have invested, the new HD owners wouldn't believe me and the veteran mod brothers probably have a pretty good idea.

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 02-18-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by oct1949
Or maybe open up a shop to work on others rides..

Then U wont get bored with one bike at a time...
Thats the ticket.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:50 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

I totally get where your coming from. I spent the better part of 5 years on and old Shovel I bought from my buddy. It had great sentimental value as well. I modded, rebuilt, changed, painted and repeated the whole process over and over till it was exactly what I envisioned. I rode the thing to Shovelfest to hang with my fellow Shovel buds and show off my creation, and then brought the bike home and sold it. For a big loss as well. You know what....fuggit. For me the bulk enjoyment is creating bikes, not just owning them. I say screw it, sell the one you got and start over.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JIMSFBL, I found a song for you incase you sell your bike,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muhFxXce6nA

Old 02-18-2011, 08:18 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

dat ain't right bro! I just went out and gave my sled a big hug. lol

Quick Reply: I think I'm going to sell my LO